• April 23, 2024, 12:24:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Can't change default documents folder in WIN7 to point to DNS323 as i could B4  (Read 2614 times)

Leafs29

• Level 1 Member

Hello, In using both Windows XP and Vista, I was able to change my default "My documents", "Pictures" and
"Music" folder to point to the DNS-323 mapped network drive (so all my machines would save and read from the same source)

With Windows 7 now it tells me it is not indexed so i can't point my folders to now be the DNS-323 folders.

Before the shortcut for My Documents used to be C:\Documents and Settings\...\My Documents, i would then point all of my machines to my DNS-323 directory such as Z:\Volume_1\Share\My Documents.

Does anyone know how i can index this drive to work with Win 7 Home premium or if there is another way to make the DNS-323 network drive my default dir's for my docs, music and pic folders?

Thanks.

the bartender

• Level 2 Member

see it up as part of a windows 7 library folder.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member

Yeah it is not NTFS or FAT32 so it cannot be indexed so Win7 does not want to allow it to be part of the system.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream