• March 28, 2024, 11:54:17 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Cannot install bitTorrent ...  (Read 21874 times)

henri

Cannot install bitTorrent ...
« on: November 03, 2008, 10:45:13 AM »

I just installed the DNS-323 (firmware 1.03 - south Asia)
I upgraded it with the firmware 1.05 (NAS202B_DLINKEu_DNS323.1.05b28(1.47.0505.2008) from the thai web site)
I use the Easy Search Utility 4.2

When I try to install BitTorrent, it starts and then it stop with the following message:
"Check Hard disk"

I rebooted the NAS and started again; it fails again but I get now a new message:
"BitTorrent does not supported on this device now" !

any idea?
Thanks in advance

chrobo

Re: Cannot install bitTorrent ...
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 07:53:05 AM »

I am experiencing the same problem with a slightly different configuration.

I have the DNS-323 (firmware 1.04 - North America).
Upgraded to firmware 1.05 (North America).
Using the Easy Search Utility 4.2.0.0
Using 2x Seagate 1TB HDDs (exact same model)

When attempting to install BitTorrent the initial install window comes up then after a short time it disappears and the "Check Hard Disk" message box appears.

I have downgraded to firmware 1.04, re-upgraded to 1.05 and reformatted the drives in an attempt to correct this but I still get the same result.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

joe_ottawa

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 08:02:12 PM »

I had the same problem before. try removing the second HDD (left bay) and then reformat the primary HDD and try to install Bit Torrent again, and after that add the second HDD and format it. it should work.
off course use the config web page to turn off the DNS 323 each time you will open it or you will add a HDD.
let me know how's that works
Good luck

chrobo

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 11:39:19 PM »

Thanks Joe. I have attempted what you suggested but it is still not working.

I removed the left drive and reformatted the right one alone. When I attempt to do the BitTorrent installation it gives me a "Check Hard Disks" error.

After this didn't work I removed both drives and ran the 1.05 firmware update again with no drives. I then re-inserted the right one and tried the BitTorrent install again. The result was the same.

Any other suggestions?

Thank You.

joe_ottawa

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 06:13:11 AM »

I would try to use the left drive but in the right bay (switch the drives), and reformat it alone and then upgrade the firmware while the drive is in the DNS323, after that try installing Bit Torrent again using the easy share application. It worked for me, i am not sure why it didn't work for you?
sometimes when the web based config page format the HDD, i think it doesn't fully format as it next time you log in it ask you to reformat again, if that happens, try the format again and make sure it reaches 100% and give you e a success message confirmation
hope this will work this time

chrobo

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 11:21:19 AM »

Hi Joe. Thanks again.

I removed the right drive. Moved the left to the right bay. Downgraded the firmware to v1.04. Formatted the single drive using 1.04. Upgraded to v1.05. Tried to install BT. Same failure.

I then reformatted the single drive using the new v1.05 firmware. Restarted and attempted to install BT. Same failure.

I have tested the drive and I am able to use the drive without and issues (copy, move, delete, etc.) from both Mac and PC machines.

I double-checked the hardware. Both of my drives are the officially supported Seagate ST31000340AS 1TB drives. I have a co-worker that bought the same bundle that I did with the DNS-323 and these drives and he had no issues installing BT...

Is there a way to do a clean reset back to the original factory settings for the unit? I am concerned that I may have some oddball configuration saved, installed, or partially installed since I was using it with v1.04 for a few days before installing v1.05. I have attempted the restore factory settings option in the config utility to no effect. Is there something else?

Any further help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 11:30:46 AM »

Do you see a Nas_Prog folder located on any of your drives in the DNS-323?

If you do try removing the Nas_Prog folder entirely from your share. Once that is removed run the Easy Search utility again and install the BitTorrent application. Also we do not currently support changing volumes for the BitTorrent settings.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

captvid

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 06:11:33 PM »

I tried installing bittorrent several times, it would always install to volume 2. as per the previous suggestion, I swapped drives(seagate 500g's) and noticed the drive lights were blue, so I tried accessing bittorrent, and it functions properly(downloading a MST3K torrent as I write this).

chrobo

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 01:56:53 PM »

Hi ECF,

both of the drives in my DNS-323 have been freshly formatted. I have been keeping them clear while trying to fix this issue.

Currently there is nothing on the drives except for a .systemfile folder that is not accessible.

I have tried reconfiguring the unit as RAID1 to see if that would help but it has given me the same result so I have set it back to the STANDARD config. BT will not install in either case.

Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 02:14:40 PM »

Is the easy search utility able to see the drives OK and map them to your PC fine? Also if you are running any anti-virus software please try disabling it.

chrobo

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 11:24:54 PM »

Easy Search (4.2.0.0) has no trouble seeing both of the drives and I can connect/map to both of them. I can use the mapped drives without any issues. I am able to access them from both Windows XP and OSX.

I have McAffee VirusScan Enterprise 8.0i on my machine. I have disabled the on-access scanning during the BT installation attempt.

The installation still fails and I get the easy_search(4.2.0.0) "Please check hard disks" message.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008, 08:53:54 AM »

Have you tried the Easy Search Utility from another PC and try to install it yet?

chrobo

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2008, 08:41:29 PM »

Hi ECF.

I finally got ahold of another windows machine to try installing BT with. Tried it on a Windows Vista machine. The first attempt failed but the second attempt, following a restart of the DNS-323, succeeded and it appears to be working.

Thanks!

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2008, 09:15:15 AM »

Great to hear!!

deilert

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2008, 08:15:45 PM »

I recently purchased a 323 and one 1 TB Seagate drive (only one for now.)  I upgraded the firmware to 1.05 and Easy Search to 4.2.0.0.

I currently can map a drive via Windows and OS X as well as use the iTunes server. 

When I click on the BitTorrent button within Easy Search, I get a message stating that it is "Loading... don't power down..."  Shortly thereafter I receive a dialog box stating "Please check hard drives."

I've power cycled the device but cannot seem to get bitTorrent running.  Any ideas?
Pages: [1] 2