• April 19, 2024, 12:26:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Time and date setting  (Read 3626 times)

Suzibingo

• Level 1 Member
Time and date setting
« on: August 27, 2011, 04:28:12 PM »

Any ideas on keeping the time and date field (in camera settings) to stay?  All my other settings seem to be working (and staying) but unless my camera is on all the time, it reverts to 01-01-2011 with a 12:00 am time once I plug it in.  I only hook the camera up during the day while I'm at work, so I can keep an eye on my older dogs.  I'm not able to view the live video at work (ActiveX issues) so I tried to set up an email schedule so I would be sent pictures. 

As a last resort, I went through the wizard set up one more time, thinking I missed something the first time around, but that didn't work either.  I am not impressed with D-link support so really don't want to call them unless I absolutely have to.   :)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Suzi 

somms

• Level 1 Member
Re: Time and date setting
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 08:44:16 PM »

Any ideas on keeping the time and date field (in camera settings) to stay?  All my other settings seem to be working (and staying) but unless my camera is on all the time, it reverts to 01-01-2011 with a 12:00 am time once I plug it in.  I only hook the camera up during the day while I'm at work, so I can keep an eye on my older dogs.  I'm not able to view the live video at work (ActiveX issues) so I tried to set up an email schedule so I would be sent pictures. 

As a last resort, I went through the wizard set up one more time, thinking I missed something the first time around, but that didn't work either.  I am not impressed with D-link support so really don't want to call them unless I absolutely have to.   :)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Suzi 

Are you using a NTP server other than time.nist.gov?

I haven't had any issues with cameras automatically RX time w/above settings...although without a DST offset setting in the camera firmware, I had to set time zone ahead 1-hr to compensate! ;)

You may want to rethink constantly unplugging and replugging your camera over and over unless you are trying to save a few pennies in electricity! ;D

Suzibingo

• Level 1 Member
Re: Time and date setting
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 11:39:20 AM »

Thanks for the reply, Somms.  I hadn't tried using the NTP server fields yet but I get the feeling as long as I unplug the camera, NO time settings will be kept.  Yes, I guess I will rethink my strategy.   :D