• March 28, 2024, 03:10:02 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Non port 80 and Mydlink access  (Read 3590 times)

jjnsgy

• Level 1 Member
Non port 80 and Mydlink access
« on: January 01, 2012, 07:40:00 PM »

I had my 932DCSL camera connected and accessed very well by MyDlink.  However, I just purchased a NAS and am using as a webserver as well as media server and have it set up to port 80. However, I just realized that MyDlink establishes its connection with my camera via port 80, creating a conflict.  I changed my camera port to 81 and giave it a static IP.  I am able to access it via admin function, but that clearly is not useful for my wife or other family members.  I have a Linksys e4200 router.  Putting it in the DMZ is 1 possibility but doesn't that forward all incoming traffic to the Webcam?

Thanks for your help.

oberkc

• Level 2 Member
Re: Non port 80 and Mydlink access
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 02:58:34 PM »

It is my understanding that MyDlink works only with port 80. 

Fortunately, you do have options other than MyDlink that can take advantage of ports other than 80.  There are apps on iOS and Android, as well as windows software that can view the camera feeds from a -932.

jjnsgy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 07:26:39 PM »

I didn't know about apps other than mydlink (lite).  I was going to ignore mydlink and use direct access via the ip, but the image is not visible on the iPad - our main means of accessing the 932.

Other app suggestions would be appreciated.

Tanks.

oberkc

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 04:18:43 AM »

Other app suggestions would be appreciated.

You may want to check out some of the sticky notes and threads under DCS softare.  Specifically:

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=42675.0

I use IP Cam Viewer app on the iPad and find that it works as expected.