• April 27, 2024, 10:31:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: stay away from DWA-130  (Read 10025 times)

lionheart168

• Level 1 Member
stay away from DWA-130
« on: June 12, 2010, 09:57:37 PM »

bought this twice and both kept on disconnecting for a couple seconds which is really annoying especially if you're a gamer. why in the world is Dlink still selling this stuff in the market is beyond my comprehension. I mean it's just unethical, they're practically ripping our wallets off man. I bought this product thinking it was cheap and I ended up buying it more than once... *sigh* I don't know about the other D-link products, but this one is one product you should never buy regardless of the price. I hope you're reading this post before you decide to buy the USB adapter. I've tried rev C(1st) and A1(2nd). I called the tech support and they weren't generous enough to give you replacement if you don't have the warranty card. heck it's not even about generousity anymore. I'm posting this topic, as a consumer, with good intention, please don't support this product by not buying them. seriously.... look at the rest of the topics, they're all talking about problems with this device, that should ring a bell.

srsly

• Level 1 Member
↑↑↑ DING! DING! DING! DING! ↑↑↑ WE HAVE A WINNER!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 10:55:40 AM »

I would just like to support 100% what this person just said.

I have laptops and wireless USB sticks which I've had and used for over 6 years and they still work. :-\

This is my third one. The first two got exchanged by Office Depot, and the last one was outside their warranty period. So basically, for about 2-3 months you will have wireless access, sometimes through a shoddy, poorly manufactured piece of junk...until one day it starts dropping your connection and eventually fails to even start.

There really is no excuse for this kind of garbage being sold legally. Unfortunately, $50, while not cheap, is not worth actually going to court over, unless you're some cook, so D-Link gets away with selling cheap garbage. :P

ScienceofSpock

• Level 1 Member
Re: stay away from DWA-130
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 10:17:13 PM »

I'm sorry, I have to disagree with both of you. I have 3 of the DWA-130s that are over a year old, and they work perfectly. 2 of them are on Win 7x64 machines and 1 is on a Win XP machine. ALL of them work better than internal and onboard wifi setups that were in 2 of the machines.
I have 2 WIFI networks here, One is N-only and the other is for G and below, both are Linksys routers. The 130s connect to the N network beautifully (Even better than a Linksys wifi card I had in one of the machines)

The only reason I came here today is that I wanted to check if the 130 supports wake on wireless LAN, which it apparently doesn't.