• April 24, 2024, 12:05:17 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: FTP and e-mail suddenly stopped working  (Read 3166 times)

AndreasElin

FTP and e-mail suddenly stopped working
« on: November 06, 2012, 11:19:39 AM »

I have had a setup in which my four DCS-930Ls transfer picture every 15 minutes over a Dovado-router connected to a mobile broadband modem. This has worked perfectly until this last night. No pictures are transferred and upon using the test FTP function the status page just says "Testing ...." forever. I've also tested e-mailing picture without success.

I've tried accessing the ftp-server from my computer (not using the broadband modem), and it works. I can access the cameras over mydlink, it just emailing and FTP that doesn't work.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it my mobile broadband operator that's blocking or is it something with mydlink?

herslov

• Level 1 Member
Re: FTP and e-mail suddenly stopped working
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 07:02:46 AM »

Experiencing the same with a DCS-2121 and a Dovado tiny.
Only way to get it up and running again is to reboot the camera.
I am now looking for a way to do that automagically.
Any suggestions?

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: FTP and e-mail suddenly stopped working
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 05:25:00 PM »

Experiencing the same with a DCS-2121 and a Dovado tiny.
Only way to get it up and running again is to reboot the camera.
I am now looking for a way to do that automagically.
Any suggestions?

Highly unlikely.  How would the camera know?  Are there error messages in the log?

There are devices for sale at Best Buy that allow you to control 'lights' or device power remotely.  You could reboot the camera that way if you suspect email is broke..