• March 28, 2024, 01:53:15 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Dlink 645 VPN  (Read 8736 times)

kimiya

• Level 1 Member
Dlink 645 VPN
« on: May 18, 2018, 07:48:58 AM »

Hi eveybody,

I need your help. In one of our small locations we have a Dlink 645 connected to our Internet provider router. There is a computer ( Windows 10)  connected to this Dlink switch and I want connect that computer to our main building and there is VPN  on it. We are using L2TP/IPsec with pre-shared key, but it doesn't connect  and it gives me this error msg "The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a processing error during initial negotiations with the remote computer"
I'm sure our VPN connection is fine, because I tested the connection from another location and it worked. I think the Dlink switch doesnt support L2TP, could you please help me with this?

Thanks

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Dlink 645 VPN
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 08:30:02 AM »

Do you have the DIR-645? This is a router not a switch so if you are connecting to another router the double-NAT may be blocking the VPN.

On the router, go to Advanced > Firewall Settings and make sure IPSec (VPN) is checked. Click Save Settings.

If you connect the computer directly to the ISP router/modem does it work?

kimiya

• Level 1 Member
Re: Dlink 645 VPN
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 09:16:31 AM »

You are awesome! It fixed the problem.

Thanks again  :)