• April 26, 2024, 07:20:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Media Server 1.10 and Firmware 1.06 issue  (Read 7984 times)

rabinowitzg

• Level 1 Member
Media Server 1.10 and Firmware 1.06 issue
« on: April 19, 2008, 12:50:01 PM »

Hi forum,

Hope you can help me.
My DSM 520 was working fine with Firmware 1.05 and Media Server 1.09
I updated it to 1.10 and 1.06 respectively

Now I can not find my videos on the system.  It occasionally finds some of the sub folders but more often than not times out.  I have video files on both the PC and Network attached storage.

Anybody got any ideas how I can roll back to the old settings?

Thanks

ablevy

• Level 2 Member
Re: Media Server 1.10 and Firmware 1.06 issue
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 02:24:28 PM »

Go to the AVS web site.  The Digital media forum has a thread on the DSM-520.  In the last couple of weeks someone repeated the instructions for downloading previous versions of the firmware.  If you don't find it there it was well described around page 19 or 20.  For the DLink software, assuming you still have version 1.09 on your computer, just uninstall v1.10 and reinstall v1.09

Alan

rabinowitzg

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 02:26:02 AM »

Hi and thanks
I've changed my software back to 1.09.  I tried the firmware upgrdae guideline.  I an make the button presses work, but I don't know what to do with them - I don't have an ftp server to point it to also don't know what to do with the telnet and other instruction.
Any ideas?

ablevy

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 09:42:59 AM »

In the thread around page 19-20 in the thread are detailed instructions on how to do this.  It's been a while so I don't have them at the tip of my fingers.  You need to download the ftp program recommended in the thread.  As I remember it's a demo version.  It allows you to set up a substitute ftp server on your machine.  You download the version of the firmware that you want to your hard drive from the dlink site and put it in a folder which you enabled in the ftp server.  then you edit the site the dlink is pointing to to point to this folder and it does its' thing.  Be sure to copy the current address so you can change it back for future dlink updates.

To use telnet, open a command prompt window and just type in the telnet command indicated in the instructions.  The command prompt window is under accessories on your start window and is basically the old DOS command prompt.

Hope this helps.

Alan

AngelReign

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 07:28:06 AM »

Media Server, 1.10, - Fixed auto update feature that caused repeated "Update available" errors in 1.09 Media Server - Improved Vista support...

by: IP PBX

fuji0050

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 08:15:17 AM »

Go to the AVS web site. The Digital media appointment has a cilia on the DSM-520. In the endure brace of weeks anyone again the instructions for downloading antecedent versions of the firmware. If you don't acquisition it there it was able-bodied declared about page 19 or 20. For the DLink software, bold you still accept adaptation 1.09 on your computer, just uninstall v1.10 and reinstall v1.09