• March 19, 2024, 12:37:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: iPhone -support  (Read 20030 times)

hardhead

• Level 1 Member
iPhone -support
« on: August 26, 2009, 07:04:41 AM »

When I try to connect to my cameras using myDlink the iPhone it wants to install java, apparently the iPhone doesnt support java.  Is there anything different i can do to use the iPhone?

Bett0

Re: iPhone -support
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 09:58:53 AM »

The iPhone does not allowed the installation of plug-ins.
Only an app would provide the service. There is no word on any.
The DCS-1100/1130 are also stand alone - like all DCS.
If anyone has confirmed that an app supports any/all the DCS model with mpeg4 and/or jpeg, we will all appreciated if you let us know.

hardhead

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 12:53:38 PM »

I found this article.. it's a glimmer of hope.

http://java4iphone.com/all-news/tutorial-install-java-on-the-iphone/

Bett0

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 12:22:23 PM »

The problem is, it will require that the phone be broken out of jail, if you know what I mean.

May I say that there is more glimmer of hope for an actual app.

randym431

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 10:10:55 PM »

I dont have an iphone, but have a palm pre. Doesnt do java either. Id really like to see the dlink cams support smart phones and not rely on java or activex. Dont know how but some totally different type of video transfer, possibily converted thru mydlink and viewable on a phone as a simple mp4 or flash streamed video file from mydlink. Most companies block activex and java. And phones do not support activex or java, so its unlikely you catch someone breaking into your home so you can call 911, like the famous news article of that lady catching her home break-in in progress. Wouldnt be possible in 99% of most cases with dlink products. Too bad. Smart phones do video and youtube, so I think dlink could devise something new for compatability with smart phones.

david88

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 12:50:39 PM »

D Link very well could and ought to.
Got something to watch?  www.dropcam.com

cfuentes

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 12:46:30 PM »

Hi. try with iPVision on Apple Store, that works realy fine for my iPhone and Ipod Touch.

aolmos

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 08:28:29 PM »

I bought IP Vision and it DID NOT work for me.  Was there some trick to getting it to work?

I also bought:
http://www.eyespyfx.com/dlinkcams/index.htm
which DID work over the 802.11 wireless connection.

Fudd

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2010, 08:12:49 PM »

I bought IP Vision and it DID NOT work for me.  Was there some trick to getting it to work?

I also bought:

I bought the D-Link Cams v.1.5 app today and it works with the free DlinkDDNS service over both Wi-Fi and 3G. Took 4 hours to get everything configured, but its working and the video is excellent. No audio - video only.

tracyk859

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 06:14:49 PM »

Thanks for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

aolmos

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2010, 02:23:42 PM »

I also bought:

Some follow up- Dlink has released the mydlink Lite app for the Iphone, which is free.  For me, it crashes as soon as I try to view a camera.  (Both cameras show up with green lights, before the selection.)  I contacted Dlink support, but they were not able to offer assistance other than suggesting to reboot my Iphone.

The dlink cams app is still working fine on both 11N and 3G.

trscons

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2010, 01:20:15 PM »

In addition to the iPhone, I'd like to see the video or photos on my Blackberry 9630 Tour (OS 5.x) and OS 6, or on my tablet (a Viewsonic gTablet, using Android 2.2). Flash and Active-X are not friendly to these portable devices. Thanks.
Tom

jims123

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2012, 01:38:19 PM »

When I try to connect to my cameras using myDlink the iPhone it wants to install java, apparently the iPhone doesnt support java.  Is there anything different i can do to use the iPhone?

i just got the DCS-942L a couple days ago and one thing that seems to work well (now?) is the 60 seconds of video (no audio) I get on either the free mydlink Lite app,  or the .99 cent mydlink iPad app.. Both appear rock solid across 3G or wifi.. I wish there was audio too and the app UI supports it,  but so far on my camera I never heard any audio either locally on the lan or while out and about on the iPhone.. JimS 

oil81

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 12:15:12 PM »

I'm using mydlink Lite app. It work fine.