• March 19, 2024, 04:23:35 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: mydlink Lite for Android  (Read 19168 times)

trscons

• Level 1 Member
mydlink Lite for Android
« on: December 29, 2010, 08:17:23 PM »

I see mydlink Lite for the Android is available from a number of Android app websites. The Android 2.2 Viewsonic gTablet isn't recognized as a phone so I can't get the application downloaded. Is there a direct apk download link? I can't find Lite on the D-Link websites. Thanks very much.

J3ff

• Level 1 Member
Re: mydlink Lite for Android
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 08:17:15 AM »

Found this link for the DCS-930L (http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=DCS-930L&tab=3) under Additional Downloads:

ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Multimedia/myDlink/android/mydlink_1.0.apk

J3ff

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 08:44:49 AM »

I have a Samsung Moment running Android 2.1 on Sprint network and recently installed the mydlink Lite v1.1 app from Android market. I have 3 DCS-930L cameras and have each setup and working.  Each is connected wireless to my Airport Extreme router which has 802.11G and 802.11N connectivity.  I can access each camera from their own internal website or through the mydlink website using my computer.  With the mydlink Lite app, I get the list of cameras when I login.  However, unless I have my phone set to Wi-Fi, I cannot connect to the cameras. With 3G connection, I get timeout messages. 

I have experimented with all of the video settings as far as resolution size and image quality by reducing to the lowest settings and still cannot connect to the cameras over 3G.  Just for the record, I did connect once and got the 60 second countdown as indicated in the app's FAQs (http://www.mydlink.com/content/faq).  However, I have been unsuccessful at connecting again.

So, my request of other users out there is to post if you have been successful connecting to your cameras over 3G with this app.  And if so, please post your video settings so that I (or others) could also set out cameras this way and attempt to connect to them.

Thanks.

trscons

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 08:38:41 AM »

Found this link for the DCS-930L (http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=DCS-930L&tab=3) under Additional Downloads:

ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Multimedia/myDlink/android/mydlink_1.0.apk

Obviously I haven't been back here in a while. J3ff, thanks for the information.

In mid-January I also received via e-mail the apk file from the Customer Service Dept in Mississauga, Ontario. I wrote a reply thanking the representative who sent me the file from a different e-mail account (the attachment worked), with a copy to Customer Service.

Bottom line? This Android app works great!!!

Like the iPhone application there is no audio, but I am confident that will eventually be fixed. I'm using the Android app on an Android 2.2 Viewsonic gTablet. The app opens and displays the webcams very quickly.

I would strongly recommend this Android application be made available on the Web site itself where other support files can be downloaded off HTML links. Apple users shouldn't be the only persons to benefit from Dlink's work.

While it's great that the apk file is now on the FTP site, it's kinda hidden from view. I had looked through the directories but I didn't think to look in the Multimedia directory.

Thanks again.
Tom S.

trscons

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 07:05:18 AM »

I have a Samsung Moment running Android 2.1 on Sprint network and recently installed the mydlink Lite v1.1 app from Android market... So, my request of other users out there is to post if you have been successful connecting to your cameras over 3G with this app.  And if so, please post your video settings so that I (or others) could also set out cameras this way and attempt to connect to them.

My environment works over 3G circuits without fail. The Android 2.2 Viewsonic gTablet is WiFi-only, and the mydlink Lite is installed thereon. Anyplace I wander where I can get a WiFi signal (hospital, hotel, restaurant, bookstore), the gTablet lets me look at the cameras in the house. At the house, I use Verizon's DSL service with the VZW-supplied Westell 7500 router.

Is there an issue with the Moment trying to use the 3G voice and applications at the same time? On VZW, my Blackberry Tour lets me talk will using the Web browser, calendar etc. From what I understand from the AT&T and Verizon Wireless ads, the iPhone will also do two things at once on AT&T but only one thing at a time on VZW. Or is there a difference between the Lite 1.1 version you have and the Lite 1.0 version I picked up from the dlink server, or does the Android OS version 2.1 and 2.2 cause the hiccup. ? Just a couple of thoughts...

??? ???

And, again, D-Link staff, I ask that you please make your current mydlink Lite Android apk file directly downloadable from your Web site (as is the iPhone app). The Android apk file is hiding in the dlink FTP directories, but I would suggest making this available on the same page as the iPhone. The app works... let it see the sunlight. Thanks.

Tom S.