• March 28, 2024, 10:59:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-942L wifi not working with SD Card  (Read 4577 times)

ActiveXre

• Level 1 Member
DCS-942L wifi not working with SD Card
« on: March 05, 2015, 06:08:17 PM »

What gives ? All was working perfectly and then i rebooted the camera and it wouldnt connect to my Wifi anymore. Done resetting the camera and everything. Tried taking out the SD Card and it works perfectly. Put SD card back in and wifi stops working.

Whats going on ?

dougg

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-942L wifi not working with SD Card
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 03:12:31 PM »

This maybe a different thing alittle I put in a 16g card and it didnt work until I formated it in the camara and then it worked,  maybe worth a try anyway

firefox111

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 07:47:46 PM »

What gives ? All was working perfectly and then i rebooted the camera and it wouldnt connect to my Wifi anymore. Done resetting the camera and everything. Tried taking out the SD Card and it works perfectly. Put SD card back in and wifi stops working.

Whats going on ?
I encountered the same problem a  couple of weeks ago.  Exactly the same behavior.  I have five 942L's all of them won't connect to my WiFi if a SD card is inserted.  I removed the SD card from the five cameras!  I inserted a brand new SD card into one of the cameras and still cannot connect to my WiFi.  This started when one night my WAN connection was slow and I rebooted my broadband modem and my WiFi router.  After my Internet connection came back, all five 942L's were offline!!!

I emailed support but they have NOT responded.   I hope support will respond to my email or to this post.

ActiveXre

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 08:50:43 PM »

Did u ever get any respond from the support ? Sure would like a fix for that issue. Cant record anything

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 03:32:10 AM »

D-Link released a new FW (v1.25) sometime in early March. Are your DCS-942Ls running this latest FW? If so, you may consider rolling back to an earlier version.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC