• April 19, 2024, 12:57:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: New 1.10 firmware issues  (Read 2169 times)

manitoulinguy

• Level 1 Member
New 1.10 firmware issues
« on: March 21, 2014, 05:26:03 AM »

I have 8 cameras. Six were updated from 1.09 to 1.10 and two have yet to be upgraded. I noticed I began to have broken audio on all 6 during streaming. Nothing else has changed with the network or cameras. The audio now stops and starts instead of smoothly streaming. Video remained unchanged. All other functions appear normal. The broken audio is on all types of connections, direct IP to camera firmware, through the cloud, mobile and browser. I reverted one camera as a test back to 1.09. It now works like it used to with no broken audio or stuttering stream.

I feel there is something different with 1.10 that has affected my setup and plan on reverting the rest back to 1.09 shortly.

As I have done these flashes of firmware remotely and wirelessly from a distance I will repost if all cameras return to normal.

I flashed to avoid the annoying prompts to upgrade and now I notice the prompts have been removed for at least for now. I will live with the security risk 1.10 corrects, rather than compromise on video and audio quality