• March 28, 2024, 07:29:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: DCS-933L - Firmware v1.02b5 - Comments & Observations  (Read 64185 times)

HWAM

• Level 2 Member
Re: DCS-933L - Firmware v1.02b5 - Comments & Observations
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2014, 11:19:29 PM »

Hi,

I hope they are able to fix this issue but when......

IP Cam Viewer on Android is working fine with all resolutions. I'm not using the cloud.

Low resolution (320x240 MJPEG, Jpeg Quality: Medium, Frame Rate: 15) works fine but it's ridiculous that it's not possible to use higher rates.

D-Link: please fix this!!!!! We are all waiting for a decent solution.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2014, 04:37:33 AM »

I wouldn't call this an issue as it's by design to manage traffic. When viewing a DCS-933L via mydink on a local network the maximum resolution is 640 x 480, while viewing live video via mydlink remotely the maximum resolution is 320x240.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

HWAM

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2014, 04:47:43 AM »

You (JavaLawyer) don't think it's an issue that the cam is giving false detections at all H.264 resolutions!!
And also on 640x480 MJPEG! And also with high frame rates!! >:( >:(

Sorry, I think you mist the whole issue..... ???

The cam is completely useless with H.264 640x480 and MJPEG 640x480 in combination with motion detection.

All scrambled lines on photo and video. >:(

So fix the scrambled crap.

Grt.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2014, 04:53:17 AM »

You (JavaLawyer) don't think it's an issue that the cam is giving false detections at all H.264 resolutions!!
And also on 640x480 MJPEG! And also with high frame rates!! >:( >:(

Sorry, I think you mist the whole issue..... ???

The cam is completely useless with H.264 640x480 and MJPEG 640x480 in combination with motion detection.

All scrambled lines on photo and video. >:(

So fix the scrambled ****.

Grt.

I missed your comment regarding "false detections", and was under the impression your comment was stating that the available resolution was not adequate.

noseph

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2014, 02:18:15 AM »

I missed your comment regarding "false detections", and was under the impression your comment was stating that the available resolution was not adequate.

So, is the False Detection being addresses?

Banneke

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2014, 02:31:13 AM »

I'm from the Netherlands and I'm following this post for a few weeks now, I have the same problems as discussed above 'false triggers'. I use 8 dcs933l camera's at the moment and I WAS very hopefull to have a more extensive camera as compared to the dcs932l who can only take pictures.
Now.. I'm very disappointed and I'm considering to bring all camera's back.
I will wait for just one more month, and hope this MAJOR BUG will be fixed, till then..

pieter1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2014, 05:29:03 AM »

Same problems here with distortion: https://app.box.com/s/uuzmdwqhscga7y7hbf9o

I've already added some ferrite to the power-cable to exclude RF interference picked up by the power cable:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/lot-4-TDK-5mm-Clip-On-EMI-RFI-Filter-Snap-Around-Ferrite-4-Audio-SYNC-DATA-Cable-/331115571211?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d1806a80b

For the firmware engineers some hints to what could cause these kind of effects:
- DRAM hardware issue? Unlikely, there entire device would probably crash then
- Sensor interface timing? Unlikely, there is also timestamp/overlay data in the corrupt image
- (Non)Atomic framebuffer access? Could be.. The frame is overwritten by a new one. The fact that the problem disappears with lower framerates can confirm this.

HWAM

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2014, 05:58:17 AM »

What about the old 932L???? Same problem???  ??? ???

Who can give me info about that cam?? With high 640x480 resolution.

I know the cam has no H.264, only MJPEG.

Maybe the 932L is working fine at 640x480 resolution!

Why is D-Link not reporting back to the users???

I still think there is absolutly NO support or help.  >:( >:(

pieter1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2014, 07:02:37 AM »

Same problems here with distortion: https://app.box.com/s/uuzmdwqhscga7y7hbf9o

Did anybody notice this problem during daylight? I only see this when IR is activated... It could be that it only occurs on very high shutter times..

HWAM

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2014, 07:05:58 AM »

Also during daylight  >:(

The cam simply cannot handle the high resolution and high quality video settings.

Grt.

pieter1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2014, 07:10:44 AM »

Also during daylight  >:(

The cam simply cannot handle the high resolution and high quality video settings.

Grt.

It's clearly a bug that should be fixed...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2014, 04:28:12 AM »

While H.264 is enabled, try setting the motion detection sensitivity to the lowest setting and incrementally increase the sensitivity as needed and see if that can compensate for any image noise.

DCS-XXX - Motion Detection Settings
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 04:42:48 AM by JavaLawyer »

HWAM

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2014, 04:33:48 AM »

While using H.264, has anyone experimented with setting the motion detection sensitivity to the lowerest setting and incrementally increasing to see if that can compensate for any image noise?

DCS-XXX - Motion Detection Settings

The false detections has nothing to do with the sensitivity. The cam is generating scrambled blocks and lines with all sensitivity values. Only the lowest MJPEG resolution and low quality values are error free.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2014, 04:47:30 AM »

The false detections has nothing to do with the sensitivity. The cam is generating scrambled blocks and lines with all sensitivity values. Only the lowest MJPEG resolution and low quality values are error free.

While motion detection sensitivity settings may not be the root cause of these particular false triggers, the sensitivity settings can impact how the camera reacts to them. Again, by setting the sensitivity values to a very low value and incrementally increasing, you can try striking a balance where the camera effectively ignores the image artifacts, but is sensitive enough to detection motion. I'm posting this as a suggestion for users to test.

HWAM

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2014, 04:56:15 AM »

While motion detection sensitivity settings may not be the root cause of these particular false triggers, the sensitivity settings can impact how the camera reacts to them. Again, by setting the sensitivity values to a very low value and incrementally increasing, you can try striking a balance where the camera effectively ignores the image artifacts, but is sensitive enough to detection motion. I'm posting this as a suggestion for users to test.

With all respect but this idea is completely useless since the scrambled blocks and lines sometimes fills half of the view. Did you ever saw the problem? I can give you video and photos. I asked many times for experiences from D-Link about this problem and also about the other older 932 cam. All without any reaction. If you think I still have any kind or trust in D-Link, the answer is zero. I bought a cam to use the specs D-Link is giving. I cannot use it the way D-Link is telling the whole world. I only can use the lowest and baddest quality. Isn't it terrible. You think I ever buy a D-Link thing again! Never. The baddest thing is the complete lack of support. >:(
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5