• April 25, 2024, 06:03:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: D-link NAS dns 320 NFS sharing not working on Boxee box..is it possible???  (Read 4728 times)

afarnedi

• Level 1 Member

I wonder if it's possible that d link NAS dns320 and boxee box are not compatibles devices...I had an ATV2 and then a Mede8er 500x2 and NFS was working smooth like a charm.
Now I bought boxee box since I love user friendly GUI and design but when I tried to connect to my nas nothing happened. first i've tried the autoscan of NFS devices and my d link has appeared in the list but trying to navigate into it the spinning wheel rounded for ages and then nothing happened; second, I've tried to add manually the IP of my NAS (192.168.0.32 by default); I can see my two 2tb discs with the right address I was used to see on my older devices (/mnt/HD/HD_a2 and /mnt/HD/HD_b2) but when I try to click "add source" nothing happens...seems I can't get access to discs...what's wrong here mates? I've the latest release of the firmware (can't remember the full name but it's from 5th o march 2012 I think).
Any idea?
please help...NFS is much faster and smooth than SMB when playing 1080p video in my nas.
tia for your help
andrea

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic

I experienced the same issue trying to use NFS on my DNS-343s and BoxeeBox. As it turns out, I attempted the same troubleshooting steps and ended up with the identical symptoms you observed. At the time, my first thoughts were that the DNS-343 is a much older NAS and the CPU couldn't handle the processing load. The fact that you are experiencing the same issue with the DNS-320 is making me rethink my earlier conclusion.  :-\  ???
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 12:04:56 PM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic

Let's get some cross-linking going on! Here's the thread to the other active NFS discussion in the DNS-343 forum: DNS-343 - NFS Functionality
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC