• March 28, 2024, 06:15:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Event setup on 2230  (Read 5051 times)

caesium

• Level 1 Member
Event setup on 2230
« on: March 06, 2014, 08:39:57 AM »

This is not my first Dlink camera, I also have the 5222L so I'm fairly used to the interface, however...

I am trying to get to grips with the event setup of this camera.

Essentially I want the camera to record to the SD card when the PIR is activated, and I can get the motion detection light to blink on the GUI but it wont record.

I can get it to record continually, but not via motion.

I'm on firmware 1.20

Anyone explain how to achieve my simple aim? The manual is as clear as mud.

caesium

• Level 1 Member
Re: Event setup on 2230
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 09:05:07 AM »

Reinstalled the firmware via IE instead of chrome and now the camera appears to record ok on motion, whch is odd.

However I get loads of text files appearing with the recordings now, which contain a line of text stating that the motion detection has been activated.

belvedere

Re: Event setup on 2230
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 11:13:34 AM »

However I get loads of text files appearing with the recordings now, which contain a line of text stating that the motion detection has been activated.

Under Setup --> Event Setup you have four sections:  Server, Media, Event, and Recording.  Your motion detection event should be under the Event section.  Click on that motion event to access its details.  You should see "Delay for XX seconds before detecting next event."  Make that delay longer, say 10 seconds.  The reason you're getting the one-line text files is that the motion is retriggering while the previous motion event is still being processed.  The "Event logs flooding!" thread on this board is discussing essentially the same issue.