• April 18, 2024, 08:35:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Firmware v 1.11?  (Read 4750 times)

Alemaker

• Level 2 Member
Firmware v 1.11?
« on: January 02, 2008, 01:52:05 PM »

o.k.
so just downloaded v 1.11 and read the version history, but not a technical type.  Any major improvements? ???

Alemaker

rmurry9

Re: Firmware v 1.11?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 10:09:45 AM »

I upgraded mine from 1.10 to 1.11 yesterday.  Smoothest upgrade ever!  Just remember to save the current settings to disk before you upload the new firmware.   When you finish uploading the new firmware, reload the settings and everything is back to the original customized settings you had before the upgrade.  Some improvements have been made to simplify setup, if you care to use the automated setup wizards.

cdnfreak

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »

Just upgraded mine to 1.11 yesterday...very smooth upgrade but I've had total connection loss twice today...hadn't occurred before. I wasn't home when it happened so i can't give any details, possibly coincidence but the only change has been firmware.. i'll gave it a day and then upgrade to beta to see if its any better
Shaw Winnipeg - Motorola SB5100
D-Link DIR-655 A2 V1.10
Current up time since - 12:00 CT 12/07/2007

rmurry9

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 07:09:29 PM »

I have the same type of problem with my DIR-655.  Some wireless devices, like my 2.4 GHz phone, can overpower the DIR-655 when the frequencies of transmission are too close to each other.  I can often get around this by selecting a relatively unused channel on the router.  This is likely what happened with your dropped connections.  The router probably changed channels when you rebooted it.  Try manually changing the channel on the router until you get one that doesn't drop the connection.  One thing to remember about today's wireless devices is that most auto-seek the best (clearest) channel.  Just when you think you've got the DIR-655 working, your cordless phone will seek a better channel due to interference and the phone signal overpowers your router's signal.  The other day I lost both connections to my wired and wireless connections because I used a cordless phone while I was on my computer which just happens to be adjacent to the DIR-655 router.  You can also try putting as much distance between the two competing devices as possible.   This is the best solution, although not always practical.
Curiously, I had upgraded my router to a DIR-655 from a DI-634M router.  When I turned off the radio (wireless connections) on my DI-634m, and used only wired connections, I still lost wired connectivity when my 2.6GHz cordless phone was used near the router.   
Welcome to the wonderful world of wireless communication.   8)  Today's digital devices (digital cordless phones) are marvels of technology. 

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 12:09:11 PM »

There are some UI improvements, as well as the re-addition of the ALGs on the FIREWALL SETTINGs page.