• March 29, 2024, 04:33:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Stuck in Write Thru mode  (Read 11159 times)

asic

• Level 1 Member
Stuck in Write Thru mode
« on: January 28, 2010, 08:00:06 AM »

Our DSN-2100-10 had a battery failure and has been unable to charge. This resulted in the Write Cache Mode defaulting to Write Thru. We had a spare DSN-2100-10 that works fine, so we saved the configuration from the original SAN and restored it to the new one with matching firmware. Now the new SAN is defaulting to Write Thru mode too. It was in Write Back mode before the config restore. The battery state says "charged" so it should be in full cache mode. I have tried changing the "Upon Battery Failure" option to Ignore Battery Status, but it still stays in Write Through mode. How do we get the system to go in Write Back mode? We are now using firmware 2.7.3.1

Also, this new system only has a 128MB NAND Memory Size while our other 2 DSN-2100-10's have a 256MB NAND Memory Size.

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
Re: Stuck in Write Thru mode
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 08:15:00 AM »

With firmware 2.7.3.1 are you seeing any reported battery (or battery daemon) failures in the logs?

I am looking into the memory discrepancy.

I would power the unit down, remove the power, remove the drives, remove the cache and battery boot the device, wait for it to boot as far as it will and then power it down and plug everything back in.
non progredi est regredi

mrdesignit

• Level 1 Member
Re: Stuck in Write Thru mode
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 10:08:25 AM »

What was the status of this issue?  I'm experiencing the same issues, but find it a pain to turn off, take drives out, etc.