• March 29, 2024, 08:38:14 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: D-Link Easy Search Utility not detecting my DNS-323  (Read 26167 times)

fordem

• Level 10 Member
Re: D-Link Easy Search Utility not detecting my DNS-323
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2011, 06:39:04 AM »

Since you're worried about your data, it would seem you don't have it backed up - so that's the first thing you need to fix, after that you can deal with the other issues, which I suspect are network related.

The DNS-323 will usually power itself off if there is an overtemp issue, and as far as I know, will not power itself on - so the fact that your's comes back by itself suggests that heat is not the issue.
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.

rellikzephyr

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2011, 03:06:55 PM »

Thanks   but that didnt really help

new development,  i now seem to have lost my DLNA server on dns, cannot find it on my logitech revue

and i still cant access setup of dns so still cant even attempt to fix it

RellikZephyr

rellikzephyr

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2011, 03:49:47 PM »

ok  ive got to the point where  i can access the login screen fore dns but when i enter UN ans PASS. then it tells me the page is not available, direct ip access is same

but i can still access all files on dns thru comp, can see printer connected (havent tried printing) ,have lost DLNA capability

not sure if i want to reset cause if still not work then i lose ability to backup data (650+GB)

have tried resetting every other piece of gear in network (router, switch and second wireless AP),  tried new cable for dns

please help  im lost

Thanks

RellikZephyr

Pages: 1 [2]