• April 16, 2024, 08:24:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DFE-530TX+ adapter not installing  (Read 11233 times)

karma2

• Level 1 Member
DFE-530TX+ adapter not installing
« on: October 01, 2011, 01:10:33 PM »

I followed the instructions, installed the drivers from the disc and got the message "installation complete", shut off the computer, installed the card, rebooted the computer

when the computer came back on it said 'new hardware found' but it didn't install the driver, device manager showed a 'pci simple communications controller'

in control panel, I selected add hardware and followed the steps to 'add a new hardware device'

currently I have listed in device manager > D-Link DFE-530TX+ PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter (rev.F) with a yellow exclamation point, its properties says: This device cannot start. (Code 10)

the pci simple communications controller went away
I have been banging my head on this for hours :( its suppose to be a simple device, Im pretty sure the card is seated in the slot correctly as when I plug the internet cord in, the lights light up?

I have downloaded the newest zip driver folder from the site for this device, when Im in device manager and try to update the driver, I browse to the folder where its unzipped and select it, it says "the location you specified does not contain any device information files."

im running xp home

I dont know what to do next :/