• March 29, 2024, 01:37:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Insanely difficult app  (Read 8223 times)

platipuss777

• Level 1 Member
Insanely difficult app
« on: November 20, 2017, 10:04:31 PM »

After over 4 hours on the phone with customer support, I was able to get the camera to work on both my wife's as well as my own phones.  I am of the opinion that a device that costs over $150 should not be that difficult to set up.  Nowhere in the instructions that came with the camera does it say that each device needs to be rebooted a dozen times, restart the wifi a hand full of times, and delete and reinstall the OMNA app countless times.  For that price it ought to be Plug-and-Play, not Plug-Unplug-Plug-Unplug-Plug-Call-Unplug-Call-Unplug-Plug-and-Play. I feel as though the "user friendliness" of the app is more of a bane than a boon. I consider myself somewhat tech savvy, I can't imagine what someone less savvy and determined as myself would do. Is there any hope to ease this painstaking process or at the very least inform consumers of the difficulty?  Is there any hope for the future of this app?

Note: As stated above, I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with support and it was their idea for me to post this here as they have no control over the app development.

agalloway

• Level 3 Member
Re: Insanely difficult app
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2022, 06:56:19 PM »

@platipuss777 I agree with your statement

agalloway

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2023, 04:50:58 PM »

After over 4 hours on the phone with customer support, I was able to get the camera to work on both my wife's as well as my own phones.  I am of the opinion that a device that costs over $150 should not be that difficult to set up.  Nowhere in the instructions that came with the camera does it say that each device needs to be rebooted a dozen times, restart the wifi a hand full of times krogerfeedback.com survey, and delete and reinstall the OMNA app countless times.  For that price, it ought to be Plug-and-Play, not Plug-Unplug-Plug-Unplug-Plug-Call-Unplug-Call-Unplug-Plug-and-Play. I feel as though the "user friendliness" of the app is more of a bane than a boon. I consider myself somewhat tech-savvy, I can't imagine what someone less savvy and determined as myself would do. Is there any hope to ease this painstaking process or at the very least inform consumers of the difficulty?  Is there any hope for the future of this app?

agalloway

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2023, 03:10:35 PM »

also, check this out concrete coatings gold coast

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2023, 07:54:31 PM »

You should change your name to Necrospammer. 
Bringing back years old thread just to put your spam links into them.
Which no one will click because this forum is pretty much dead.