• March 28, 2024, 02:42:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: email attachment  (Read 9140 times)

arrow1

• Level 1 Member
email attachment
« on: September 10, 2016, 10:35:12 AM »

originally i had a ***** of time setting this camera up to email motion notifications and to send still images. It wasn't until I enabled the ssl/tls features that I was able to start receiving email notifications.. not sure if this is weird or not but that was my experience....
also couldn't get through on the default port and with ssl you may be required to use something isp specific... just a note to folks on this...

so right now I'm getting two images and I should be getting 6.... 3 before and 3 after the trigger images so what's going on here why would I not be receiving the full 6 images?

any help appreciated.... thanking all in advANCE...

BAMoh

• Level 3 Member
Re: email attachment
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 12:21:02 PM »

Go into advanced settings and request 6.

You connection is secured. Why complain about that? Its a good thing.
"That's laughable...."  Impress me. Need COMPETENT help.

arrow1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 12:56:37 AM »

Go into advanced settings and request 6.

You connection is secured. Why complain about that? Its a good thing.

issue wasn't meant as complaint... just the fact that the only way I could get it working was to set it up as a secured connection... nothing else would work, not sure why I Had to set it up this way but I don't think most used had to do this?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 07:46:19 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your DCS? Look at the sticker behind or under the camera.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DCSs web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

What Mfr and model is the main host router?

Some ISP services require the more secure mode to allow traffic to be sent thru there system. Also D-Link is help to make the traffic more secure for there customers. Security is a good thing.

originally i had a ***** of time setting this camera up to email motion notifications and to send still images. It wasn't until I enabled the ssl/tls features that I was able to start receiving email notifications.. not sure if this is weird or not but that was my experience....
also couldn't get through on the default port and with ssl you may be required to use something isp specific... just a note to folks on this...

so right now I'm getting two images and I should be getting 6.... 3 before and 3 after the trigger images so what's going on here why would I not be receiving the full 6 images?

any help appreciated.... thanking all in advANCE...
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.