• March 29, 2024, 03:01:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DPH-50U shuts down, can't place or receive calls consistently  (Read 5494 times)

randy_coyote

• Level 1 Member

Utility shuts down after completing a call, or receiving a call.  Have installed, and re-installed multiple times with same results.  These questions were asked earlier but had no response other than maybe a malfunctioning device ... are there a lot of those out there?  Maybe a bad batch?  Also, when it does "work" I have to answer incoming calls from the Skype interface first, then the phone works.  Any ideas?

Mlachake

• Poweruser
  • Level 3 Member
Re: DPH-50U shuts down, can't place or receive calls consistently
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 12:58:23 PM »

No; the problem you are experiencing is very rare.  You may have a defective unit if all is installed properly.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 01:00:50 PM by Mlachake »

odoketa

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 10:48:54 PM »

I am dubious as to the rarity of this issue, since I also have it. What is the process for getting these defective units replaced?

Mlachake

• Poweruser
  • Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 09:31:11 AM »

You can either return it to the point of purchase for a swap or call technical support at 1-877-453-5465 for assistance.

aki

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 02:14:55 PM »

I had same problem and I call customer service.  The staff suggest to install the driver ver. 1.1 from website (my one was ver.1.0).  After I installed the version, I think Ok.  You can try it. 

brotherpeter

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 09:28:36 AM »

Hey Folks,

I just received my second defective unit for this "rare" issue.  If your DPH-50U suddenly drops a call after some random time (I've not made it past 20 minutes) and you are told by the engineer in this forum and by customer service that you have a "defective unit" don't bother returning it and getting a replacement.

Return it, get your money back and go buy another brand. 

These "engineers" seem to be more interested in making excuses than solving problems.  I'm no novice to technical problems - did everything they asked - upgraded drivers - multiple workstation installations.  Two defective units in a row = poor quality control.

D-Link Customer Support's advice - return the second unit for a third....  no chance, wasted enough of my life on D-Link products.

Good luck,

Peter