• April 19, 2024, 02:29:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Warning : The device with Raid 1 is degraded now. Please remember to rebuild the  (Read 3821 times)

agm89

• Level 1 Member

Hi all!

Looking for some assistance. I am nowhere close to an expert with it comes to this product, so please be patient with my noobness.

I came back from a business trip today to find that my Z drive (volume 2) with all my movies/kids shows etc showing up as empty in Windows.

The drive properties showed that it wasn't empty, and my Plex program still showed everything in there. However, when I rebooted my system and attempted to access the DNS325 through browser, even Plex can't find the files.

This is the message showing in browser at DNS Sharecenter page.

Warning : The device with Raid 1 is degraded now. Please remember to rebuild the Raid 1 for data integrity.
Auto-Rebuild Configuration allows you to enable or disable the Auto-Rebuild feature. You can also manually rebuild by clicking the Manually Rebuild Now button. Please note that rebuilding will erase all data on the newly inserted drive.

Have I lost everything in that drive????

I am going to the store to buy an external drive tomorrow to backup Volume 1. This drive has all our family photos, thank god this one didn't go down.

Please advise if there is any method I can save the data from Volume 2, in as plain English as possible. This collection of movie and tv shows goes back 5-10 years :(

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic

Can you please elaborate on something you said in your post...

You indicate that you are going to backup Volume_1 and Volume_2 separately b/c they each contain different content.  The way RAID-1 works, is that Volume_1 (HDD1) mirrors Volume_2 (HDD2) -- that is they both contain the same data.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC