• March 28, 2024, 02:14:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Anyway To Make Wi-Fi Work?  (Read 1569 times)

stevec50

• Level 1 Member
Anyway To Make Wi-Fi Work?
« on: July 28, 2014, 07:13:42 AM »

I just picked up 2 DCS-930L "Wi-Fi" cameras but can't find any way to make the Wi-Fi work. I can set it to Ad-Hoc and see that it puts out a signal using Wi-Fi Analyzer on Android but there is no way to set the IP address or even see what it is and scanning for the camera doesn't find it anywhere! My laptop doesn't see it at all either.  The Wi-Fi signal doesn't seem to be any kind of standard signal with any way to use it!  It works on the PC with a wired connection but when I unplug the Ethernet the red light comes on which I assume means it has a problem.  In the settings there is a way to set the network IP address which sets it for Ethernet but not for Wi-Fi and in the Wi-Fi settings there is nothing to set but the SSID and Channel.  What good is a wireless camera that only works over Ethernet?  Anyone found a way to get this working?
Also, when I go to the camera's web page in the web browser it says "Live Video" but I only get a snapshot each time!  What's up with that?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 07:23:27 AM by stevec50 »