• April 26, 2024, 02:31:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-325 Password  (Read 8970 times)

agm89

• Level 1 Member
DNS-325 Password
« on: July 18, 2014, 05:50:36 PM »

Hello!

I was unable to login to sharecenter, and support helped me figure out that my IP had somehow changed.

Now I have the problem of not remembering what my password was for the sharecenter through a browser.

The support rep said that if I reset my DNS, the drives will reformat and I will lose everything. That is over 3TB of data, so not easy to backup unless I buy new drives. The support rep had to put me on hold repeatedly, and seemed to be reading off canned responses so I don't know how well I trust his opinion.

Can anyone please verify if this is true, or if the password can be reset by a different method that won't lose my drive data?

Thank you in advance!

cable2

• Level 3 Member
Re: DNS-325 Password
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 08:51:10 AM »

Hi,
I am not sure who told you that resetting your 325 would reformat the drives, but this is bad information.  If you read in the manual, it will confirm that this is wrong information.  Unless there is something seriously defective with your unit, this should never happen.  I have personally reset the device several times and never lost data.  Some of the configuration information will have to be reentered including the password, but that is it.  What you will be able to do is go into the configuration and setup the IP assigned to the unit as static but the better way is to go into the router's settings and give the 325 a static or reserved IP address.  This way it should not change.  As far as remembering the password, write it down if you have to, but after you reset it, user is "admin", no quotes and the pw is left blank.

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DNS-325 Password
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 05:08:21 AM »

As "cable2" aptly pointed out, resetting your ShareCenter should have no adverse impact on existing HDDs and stored data.  Please see the following FAQ post: DNS ShareCenter - Password Reset

Other resources: ShareCenter - Important Posts & Information
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC