• April 25, 2024, 04:22:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Help! No access what so ever to my DNS-325.  (Read 6313 times)

barcusmrandt

• Level 1 Member
Help! No access what so ever to my DNS-325.
« on: January 09, 2014, 11:48:25 AM »

Hi!

I've posted here before with several problems with the DNS-325. I can't say that i am particularly impressed with the device. No i have a really concerning problem. I have lost all access to the NAS. The mapped drive shows "Network path not found", and i 192.168.1.xxx only returns a 404 in both IE and FF. This means that i have no means of accessing the data on the drives.

I had full access just a couple of days ago, both to mapped drive and to the web interface, and i havent done any changes to anything since then. In fact, the NAS has been turned off.

The router web interface shows that the NAS is online and on its static ip, but still, i cannot access it.

Can someone please help me figure this out? I am getting really stressed because i have 1TB of pictures on the drives.

Thankful for any help!

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Help! No access what so ever to my DNS-325.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 12:05:44 PM »

Are you 100% sure the IP address listed in your router is the IP address of your DNS-325? Although you are using a static IP address, under certain circumstances there is still the possibility of a conflict where another device succeeds at stealing the DNS-325 IP address.  First thing to try: reboot your router.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

barcusmrandt

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 12:28:29 PM »

Thanks for your quick reply! Love this forum:)

Yes i am positive that it is the static IP of the NAS listed as online on the router web-ui. Also, it shows DNS-325 in the description next to the IP.

Also, i have already tried restarting everything, still no luck.

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 12:34:55 PM »

Try rebooting the DNS-325 by pressing and holding the power button for several seconds.  The unit should perform a soft shutdown, then you can power back up.

If all else fails, you can perform a factory reset by pressing and holding the Reset button on the rear of the DNS-325 for > 8 seconds. This procedure will restore all user settings, passwords, shares, configurations, etc. to the factory defaults. The current firmware version will remain intact. This procedure should not impact your HDD configuration or any stored data.

After you reset the DNS-325, the unit will revert to DHCP. I recommend leaving the DNS-325 on DHCP and reserving an IP address through the router web UI.

DNS ShareCenter - Restoring Factory Default Settings
DNS ShareCenter - Why Did My ShareCenter IP Address Change?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 12:58:25 PM by JavaLawyer »

barcusmrandt

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 01:24:38 PM »

Did a factory reset and was able to map the drive again using setup cd. Also, web UI works fins now!

Thanks so much for your quick and accurate help!

I am getting fed up with all the problems i have had with this now... Maybe its time to go back to DAS - disk, cable = works every time:)

Thanks again - now i can go to sleep:)

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 01:27:47 PM »

Take my advice and stick with DHCP. Unless there's a compelling reason to use a static IP, you're better off letting the router manage all of your device addressing through IP reservation. IP reservations achieve the same result as static IP addressing, with fewer potential issues. This approach enables the router to centrally manage everything (as it's designed to do). You would be surprised how many network issues are ultimately be tied back to using a static IP address.

bigdave240

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 07:13:23 AM »

Take my advice and stick with DHCP. Unless there's a compelling reason to use a static IP, you're better off letting the router manage all of your device addressing through IP reservation. IP reservations achieve the same result as static IP addressing, with fewer potential issues. This approach enables the router to centrally manage everything (as it's designed to do). You would be surprised how many network issues are ultimately be tied back to using a static IP address.
+1 IP reservations makes it much less possible that you could have two devices on the same IP at some future point vs a static IP.