• April 25, 2024, 06:31:50 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DNS-325 - Firmware v1.02 Comments & Observations (Official Release)  (Read 24488 times)

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic

D-Llink published firmware version 1.02 official release.
Post your comments and observations!   :)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 10:08:55 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

georgechr

• Level 2 Member

finally a firmware upgrade.

anyone knows of whats fixed?

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

finally a firmware upgrade.

anyone knows of whats fixed?

At the very least, I think it's safe to assume that the changes described in the firmware version 1.02b03 release notes are incorporated into this official release.

georgechr

• Level 2 Member

so nothing from your great list? :)

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

so nothing from your great list? :)

It's unclear whether this firmware is a promotion of firmware v1.02b03 to "official release" status or if other features/fixes were also included. ???

mbinax

• Level 1 Member

It's unclear whether this firmware is a promotion of firmware v1.02b03 to "official release" status or if other features/fixes were also included. ???

I've just updated to 1.02 release.
When I try to mount the Volume_1 drive to my OSx Lion I obtain the same error than before:
"There was a problem connecting to the Server <DNS-name or IP>. Check the server name or IP address, then try again. ..."

Why this happens ?!?  ??? ??? ???

PS: instead, with this release it's solved the Time Machine problem, so I'm able to connect to my NAS by this way... the problem is SAMBA connection with NAS, that doesn't work well (as before). Do you know why?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 03:26:58 PM by mbinax »

milkyjoe

• Level 1 Member

Was hoping it might now let me install squeezecentre but i just get a new error message now
"install failed. please check file"
 :D :D :D :D

rickyamin

• Level 1 Member

I have the same issue while installing add-ons ... any clue on when this will be addressed ?

georgechr

• Level 2 Member

i just dont get why an great NAS like DNS-325 doesnt have the support and development behind it from D-Link. It really is a shame because there are so many things that can be done but there is no interest.

I am really regretting my choice. i should have continued saving up and buying a synology with a kick ass interface and android app!

xpmps

• Level 3 Member

I also should have opted for a Synology
1xDNS-325 2x2TB (Data and Backup)
1xCisco Linksys WAG320N
2x Sony VAIO
1x Philips TV 40PFL8605H/12

tedfroop

• Level 2 Member

Time drift is fixed!!!  Now my Squeezeboxes show the right time...
DIR-655 - as access point
DGS-1005G x2
DGS-1008G
DNS-323 x2
DNS-325
2 Squeezeboxes

vreid47362

• Level 1 Member
    • Vaughn's Computer House Calls

I have run into a big issue with FW 1.02 Official Release.  I have 2 drives in my DNS-325, a Western Digital  Green 500 gigabyte WD5000AADS (not an advanced cache version) and a Western Digital 400 gigabyte WD4000AAKS hard drive.  Drives are installed as individual disks, no RAID, no JBOD.  Under 1.01 release and all of the 1.02 betas, both drives functions properly.  

With 1.02 release, however, something has happened.  Only the WD5000AADS drive will mount, and the WD5000AADS shows up in the SMART Test dialog in both drive slots, but only the position that corresponds to where the drive is physically installed can be selected for testing.  In addition, if I turn the device off and re-seat the hard drives, the device seems to have about a 50% chance of not recognizing any drives until I re-boot and re-seat the drives into their slots again.

I have tried hard resetting the device, resetting the device through the web gui, and I've tried swapping out the drives between the left and right bay with out it changing the behavior I'm experiencing.

In addition to this issue, the firmware update to 1.02 appears to be permanent.  I was unable to downgrade the firmware back to the functional 1.01 version or the 1.02 beta version.  So, at the moment, I'm left with a less than functional device after upgrading to 1.02 release.

I have not contacted D-Link tech support yet, but that is my next step.  
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 06:48:17 AM by vreid47362 »

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

...the firmware update to 1.02 appears to be permanent.  I was unable to downgrade the firmware back to the functional 1.01 version or the 1.02 version.

Correct. Once firmware v1.02 is installed, there is no way to regress to an earlier version. D-Link says this is an intentional feature (not a bug). The latest version of the DNS-320 firmware shares similar behavior.

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

Nonetheless, that was a strategic decision D-Link thought was necessary for the DNS-320 and DNS-325. Unfortunately, no reason was provided for this move.
Pages: [1] 2