• April 24, 2024, 06:30:23 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Slow access for directory browsing  (Read 4530 times)

Aiko

• Level 1 Member
Slow access for directory browsing
« on: January 29, 2009, 07:16:33 PM »

Does anyone know the "typical" access time expected when looking at shares on the DNS343.

I'm experiencing >30sec, even more than 1min extremely regularily.
Throughput once connected is fine.
Firewalls disabled, HDD not idle, even with with direct connection and accessing via static IPs etc.

I also have a DNS323 on the same net with no signs of this problem (typical times <3sec, rare to be longer than this, and if it is, usually only HDD spin up delay).  I'm assuming the two units should demonstrate similar access times.

I'm trying to convice the reseller there is a problem to make good on a DOA, but they are claiming slow access in normal for NASs.

fluxen

• Level 1 Member
Re: Slow access for directory browsing
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 08:03:07 AM »

Nope, I'm getting virtually instantaneous attachments to shares over 1Gb ethernet.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 02:59:59 PM »

Are you using a GB network? If so see if you are seeing a GB link you may be having an negotiation issue with the DNS-343 and your router. Try taking it off auto and lock it to one or the other. even at 100Mbps it should not take so long. If you still have an issue make sure you have the latest firmware 1.02 also try resetting it to factory defaults and reconfigure it this may resolve your issue.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

Aiko

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 12:11:52 AM »

Thanks,
Yep,
GB network.
Have tried a direct connection without router. 
Have tried locking to 100Mbps and 1Gbps.
Latest firmware installed.
Been over the system many times to confirm there are no differences in setup between this one and my DNS323 that uses the same drives.
Running 1TB drives,  even with a single drive, no improvement. (including using the actual drives from my DNS323)
I've tested direct connection on 8 completely independant machines now, that have all been setup independantly by different people.

Needing more suggestions from anyone, and would preferable love to find an official "typical" response time.