• April 15, 2024, 10:32:05 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: virtual server  (Read 6874 times)

rlindley

• Level 1 Member
virtual server
« on: March 21, 2009, 08:34:56 AM »

See following link for opening ports on the DIR-130
http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=2748&question=DIR-130 / DIR-330
The screen shot is of a DIR-330.  The DIR-130 does not have a Virtual Server tab as shown.  How do you set up a Virtual Server on the DIR-130?

I can't figure out how to insert a screen shot of my DIR-130 screen here, but I assure you there is no Virtual Server tab on the left of the ADVANCED configuration screen.

update: I guess no one knows the Virtual Server answer.  So how about this question:  Without being able to set up a Virtual Server, how do I get Windows Remote Desktop to work through a DIR-130 coming in off the WAN?  Port Forwarding alone does not seem to accomplish this. (I do not want to use the DMZ if I don't have to. In fact, I'll get a different router first.)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 02:32:11 AM by rlindley »

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
Re: virtual server
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 09:04:05 AM »

The interface for these devices has changed a couple of times from the printing of the manual, however that should be moot because a port forward should work for you, since it doesn't, and there are only like 3 fields to fill in (which I have no dobut you did correctly) call in to our free Business Class support line at 1 877 354 6555 and we will get you straightened out.
non progredi est regredi

rlindley

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 10:01:01 AM »

Thanks for the reply.

I already tried the support line once.  I'll  just go back to my flakey 808HV until I can get an equivalent replacement (which I thought the DIR-130 was). $125 down the drain!

sstarre

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 04:50:51 AM »

rlindley..
I sent you an e-mail with a screen shot and an explanation of how to do Remote desktop..hope it helps...
Steve

rlindley

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 06:05:35 AM »

Steve -
Thanks for the reply.  But it has not helped me yet.  I will send you an email.
- Roger