• March 28, 2024, 07:50:17 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: auto turn off after 1 min  (Read 4484 times)

chemikaz

• Level 1 Member
auto turn off after 1 min
« on: August 26, 2017, 10:49:38 AM »

Hi there,

I just bought two d link sensors and one smart plug for my stair led strip. I have one sensor upstair and another one downstair. My sensors turn my smart plug on, but there is no option to turn it off after 1min or any other optional time. I think the dev team needs to add a feature to smart plug something like "auto off after.." or add a feature to the sensor that they can turn it off on delay after 1min. There is a delay for 30s, but it is too short for me. But auto off in the smart plug could work just perfect I think. Turn on by the sensor and then smart plug just shut downs by it self after some time. At the moment I'm trying to do auto turn off with IFTTT, but I can't figure out how to make delay timer. Do you have any suggestions? thank you.

happyhere

• Level 3 Member
Re: auto turn off after 1 min
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 03:19:59 AM »

there is no option in current W215 firmware and DLINK mobile apps. 

e.g.  there is no option to Turn ON at 2:10PM and OFF at 2:25PM.   it is a DIGITAL smart plug but can only do by 15 minute block - 0,15,30,45.   

I haven't tried IFTTT with W215 as I dont want to link using password.
 I find IFTTT to have considerable delay on my Wemo and thinking might be same witn W215.  Try and let us know.

chemikaz

• Level 1 Member
Re: auto turn off after 1 min
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 10:38:18 PM »

Yes, there is a few seconds delay with IFTTT. So, for now, I using sensors only for turn wall plug on and then IFTTT to turn it off after 90 seconds. I using stringify for a delay timer. Just I find out that there is no way to reset a timer in stringify. For example, if sensor been triggered again while counting down 90 seconds I want to start it count down again from 90.. But it is working anyway...