• March 28, 2024, 09:38:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: wireless adapter not found  (Read 57030 times)

casey

• Level 1 Member
wireless adapter not found
« on: October 23, 2010, 10:51:16 AM »

I purchased the DWA-160 rev A2 a couple weeks ago and finally got around to installing it.  I uninstalled the Linksys software my previous adapter used and disabled the AV prior to installing the D-Link software.  I have a Windows XP Pro SP3 desktop.  Whoever built my condo didn't put a cable jack in all the bedrooms (lol) so I have to connect it wirelessly to my network. 

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the adapter in various on-board, 5-port USB PCI device and external usb ports without success.  I keep receiving the "wireless adapter not found! please insert the adapter now." error window.  However, the Device Manager recognizes and says it is working properly though.

It installed fine on my laptop that has Windows 7.  I appreciate any suggestions on how to resolve my problem.

Thanks,

Casey

vinaum

• Level 1 Member
Re: wireless adapter not found
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 03:49:38 PM »

I got this problem in a fresh installed Windows 7. Tried everything that you can imagine but I finally got a solution.
I was installing everything on the computer (drivers, programs, etc) before installing the DWA-160 while I was  using an ethernet cable while the computer were near my router. It worked just when, while disconnected from internet, the first thing that I installed on the computer was the DWA-160 using the CD setup, so just then I installed all other things.

Hope it works.

BobLeBricoleur

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 11:11:59 AM »

I got this problem too with Windows 7, but i solved when i changed the type of start on specific Dlinq DWA-160 service.

Open Administrative tools / Services / Find 'D-LINQ DWA-160 Wireless...' service. On it, right Click / Properties. On the General tab, in Startup type, select Automatic (Delayed Start).

Restart PC, and all work fine after.

ma145961

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 04:02:36 PM »

I had this problem also.  I am running a desktop running Win7 Professional 64 bit.  Symptoms were that during installation of the device, i received a "network adapter not found" error message.  Then after completing the installation, Device manager saw this adapter "working correctly" but the adapter could not automatically detect any wireless networks.  After some research, I found a solution.

1.  Insert Dlink CD into CD Drive
2.  Do NOT install the Wireless Configuration software from CD
3.  Insert device into USB port
4.  Do NOT let windows install software drivers for it automatically
5.  Go to Control Panel, then device manager
6.  Go to top of window and select "Action" --> Scan for hardware changes
7.  Find the adapter device, ie. 11n adapter (or something like that)
8.  Select Device, then right click,  "Update Driver Software"
9.  Load the XP 64-bit driver from the CD
10.  Let Microsoft Windows manage your Wireless Networks (not the Dlink Wireless Config sfw).

This worked for me.