• April 19, 2024, 02:30:01 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Cant connect via wireless but can connect via LAN  (Read 10359 times)

theoso

• Level 1 Member
Cant connect via wireless but can connect via LAN
« on: January 06, 2012, 09:33:27 AM »

Here is another thread about how I can connect via LAN but the minute I try to connect via wireless I dont get a link. I know my wireless properties are all correct however my router does not show my DCS-932L connected. I have also upgraded the firmware to the latest version too.

Also another issue is that the MAC set up utility does not work on Mac OS X 10.6.8. It can not see my camera when plugged in to my router. However if I browse to the DLINK Admin area I can connect to it and see live video (again only via LAN and not wireless). I guess I may have to use a windows laptop to register and set it up?

Any ideas on the wireless issue though?

theoso

• Level 1 Member
Re: Cant connect via wireless but can connect via LAN
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 08:10:08 AM »

I will post the results to my fix in case someone discovers this thread months or years later.

I simply used a Windows XP laptop, ran the setup wizard and it setup the camera wireless. Camera is working fine now. For some reason the MAC wizard doesn't work properly at least for Snow Leopard OSX.

jday

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 03:30:09 PM »

For others with problems I just want to add a little something to your post.  I purchased the camera yesterday and had problems with the installation on my Windows 7 (64-bit) computer.  The computer recognized the camera, but the complete installation program would not.  I consider myself fairly competent with computers/networking so I tried many things before breaking down and calling DLink support.  The support lady on the phone initially took me through all the steps I had already tried with no luck.  She then asked me if I had another computer connected to the network.  I do so she asked me to try the installation disk on that computer and everything went smoothly.  The only difference between the two computers that I think could have caused the difference is the one it worked on uses Windows 7 (32-bit).  So, if someone has a problem with the complete installation on a 64-bit Windows machine they might want to try a 32-bit one.

oberkc

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 04:15:05 AM »

Installed on my 64-bit machine without problem.  Furthermore, if you have trouble with the Dlink software, I have found that there is no need to "install" the camera using this method.  A factory fresh camera will connect to the network without installation software.  Once it has a LAN address, you have access to the camera and all the settings.

This works fine if you plan to use something other than MyDlink to view imagery.  If you want to use MyDlink, I don't recall if there is a way to manually add the camera. 

djhinca

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 09:31:30 PM »

.. I have found that there is no need to "install" the camera using this method.  A factory fresh camera will connect to the network without installation software.  Once it has a LAN address, you have access to the camera and all the settings.

I'm waiting for two new 932's to arrive and plan to use alternative camera management software. I've read the setup manual and it's a bit "fuzzy" on the camera's initial power-up configuration. I don't plan to use the Install Wizard, but instead, manually configure them. I assume the following approach will work. Connect the camera to my local ethernet LAN and power-up. I assume the factory-fresh camera is config'ed for DHCP and will then be reachable at the  IP assigned by the router. This can be readily obtained by interrogating the router's ARP cache. I then plan to manually configure through the camera's web interface, including switching to static IP. If I'm missing something here, I'd appreciate any insights.

oberkc

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 04:09:07 AM »

If I'm missing something here, I'd appreciate any insights.

I don't believe you are missing anything.  Connect via wire and you have access through a web browser.  Manually configure your router and camera...SSID, password, ports, etc...all is well.

If I recall, I think this will also work with the WPS option...no ethernet cable intially needed.  Of course, this assumes that you can identify the LAN address once connected via wifi, but it sounds as if you know your way around a router.

fs

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 08:17:18 PM »

I bought the DCS-932L today for my Mac OS X 10.6.8.

Have the Mac OS setup downloaded from D-Link (not on the CD) means not much though is needed for the registration on the mydlink site.
in any case, the exact steps to connect wirelessly and successfully, hoping you find the gap:
1- downloaded the mydlink setup utility for mac, http://www.dlink.com/mydlinkmac
2- connect the device LAN cable to the DCS-932L
3- connect the LAN to the free LAN port on my Airport (I use closed network, also a 5GHZ but first need a wired setup).
4- plug it into the AC outlet
5- pressed that blue light WPS at the back, I think it could have been done later (wifi) but you won't lose it
6- wait for the green light
7- start the utility, it will simply recognize the device and route to the site address, I guess it creates a site for that device number, registration required.
8- log onto mydlink.com to set up the network (I guess, you know the network steps as IT mgr)
9- left it on DHCP and enabled UPnP port forwarding - not sure why this was needed but SAVE
10- enabled wireless, it did NOT find the 5GHZ network but found the regular 801.11n - SAVE
11- just for checking I looked at the picture, then I disconnected and went nuts for a while, not connected but then I moved it downstairs (wireless) where I wanted, anyway, and WAITED 2-3 minutes (!) . No kidding, after that it found itself.

I think you just have to wait.

lancemoreland

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 11:53:54 AM »

I have reported a bug in the firmware comment section which I beleive is the source of a lot of these wireless connect issues.  If any changes are made to the wireless settings and saved without physically re-typing the password the password will be lost and a connection can not be made.  Even if it the password is visible in the box when changes are made it will be lost if it is not retyped manually.

howardl

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 07:32:15 AM »

I am having this same issue, and have followed the instructions to the letter. Here is a screenshot of my http://192.168.1.128/stsdev.htm page indicating "UPnP Port Forwarding Port already used by gateway" and:

Connection Mode:   Infrastructure
Link:   No
SSID:   airdiaz (MAC : 00 00 00 00 00 00)
Channel:   1
Encryption:   WPA2-PSK:AES

I am obviously a bit of newbie in router and networking issues! I appreciate any help...  ???