• April 25, 2024, 01:43:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: iTunes server not loading  (Read 13966 times)

jesruiz

• Level 1 Member
iTunes server not loading
« on: October 25, 2011, 09:07:11 AM »

I just got my DNS-320 this weekend, so I set it up as Raid1 with 2, 2TB drives. I moved all my files over with out any issues. I went ahead and upgraded the firmware to the most recent version. Then I upgraded my iTunes software to 10.5. I then went on to setup the iTunes server. I enabled it and targeted the new ShareCenter iTunes folder, it built it and went to 100%. I then Opened iTunes and saw the ShareCenter, but when I click on it nothing happens it just says loading.

No music ever loads anyone have any similar issues or ideas?

Thanks,
Jesse

mamaway

• Level 1 Member
Re: iTunes server not loading
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 02:45:05 PM »

I'm having the same issue. Very frustrating. D-Link should tell users which itunes versions are supported. Here's their CYA from their product page: "D-Link makes no warranty as to the availability, reliability, functionality, and operation of the iTunes Server feature."

Apparently iTunes 10.5 requires some sort of "SupportsUpdate" field to be set in the server's handshake according to this:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/16466640#16466640

It's strange that D-Link added a defunct piece of software (mt-daapd/Firefly) to their product.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 10:24:55 AM by mamaway »

jesruiz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 08:28:52 AM »

Thanks for your reply mamaway. I just re-linked all my music from the sharecenter and disabled the itunes server. Seems to work fine for now. I'll keep an eye on this and hopefully it get's resolved.

Thanks again,
J

NASnewby1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 06:43:57 PM »

First of all, it is not a Dlink problem, per se.  It is almost every NAS device on the market.  It is soley the problem with upgrading to iTunes 10.5.  They had the exact same problem on an earlier 10.x release until it was updated.

I had my new 320 working and the first night I setup iTunes it worked great, the next day I upgraded to 10.5 and could not figure it out until I downgraded back to 10.3.1 and everything worked.

Until I get an ipad and need iOS 5.0 that requires iTunes 10.5, I am quite happy with 10.3.1 and my NAS with iTunes server working the way it is supposed to.

As much as Microsoft tics me off all of the time, Apple does it even more so.  Think "goverment" but you are happy to pay for their ****, when we deal with these companies and their glitchy updates.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 10:12:48 AM by NASnewby1 »

CanadianClub

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 10:46:25 AM »

I thought I was going crazy until I came across this post.  I too, recently upgraded to iTunes 10.5 to support ios 5 on my iTouch.  I had no idea that it would render my DNS-323 iTunes Server impotent.  I will watch for a fix or a tip sometime in the future that addresses this problem and allows me to access my library on my shared home network.

The library shows up on the left hand side of the iTunes screen. When I click it, it shows as loading and for a split second I see the library page and then it disappears in an unloaded state. 
DNS323 4X 2TB
DNS321 2X 1TB

ClimbingDunne

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 05:51:32 PM »

I had the same problem on my DNS-323 (fw 1.08) running iTunes 10.4 on Win7 64-bit.  When I clicked on the shared library on the NAS box, iTunes would spin for a minute, then momentarily show the music library on it, before switching back to the local music library.

I just upgraded to iTunes 10.5.1.42 (64-bit) and the problem is fixed!

Nitro785

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 11:55:26 AM »

i`m on 2.02beta, with itunes server no problems, exept one....
iphone cant use it without PC with itunes programm.... >:(

rjarl

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 12:18:54 AM »

I'm on 2.00, and can confirm that iTunes server works Only in iTunes (no matter what version) Windows 7.
But iTunes in Mac (snow leopard) doesn't work.

If I install 2.02b it will also work in iTunes Mac?

thanks
rjarl

diswayster

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 02:28:03 PM »

I upgraded both the NAS's firmware and the Mac iTunes (10.5.1 42), I set the share folder to be accessible to anyone, still, the iTunes window shows nothing but "Loading...". A bit disappointed...

Threlly

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 02:19:59 PM »

Yep same here.
Waste of time.

Threlly

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 10:28:52 AM »

Anybody from Dlink care to comment ?
Offer some sage advice ?
Maybe a fix ?
A hint of a fix ?
A fuzzy photo of the fix driven past in a pickup stuck to the window ?
Give us the finger ?

Aah, the last one....thought so.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 02:55:04 PM »

Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream