• March 28, 2024, 08:54:31 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR 655 Streaming Issues  (Read 11047 times)

IcyRhythms

• Level 1 Member
DIR 655 Streaming Issues
« on: December 25, 2009, 12:18:41 PM »

hey guys, i'm having some issues with this router. i first want to say that i experience NO problems when connecting wired. the problem is with my ps3. i try to stream movies from my computer to the ps3 wirelessly, and terrible performance. i have disabled firewalls, nobody else is feeding off of my network because i have it secured through wpa2 only.(it also helps that i live outside of a very small town with an even smaller population lol)there isn't much going on out here to say the least. however, i can't really get it to do much of anything through wireless. i had it set to the mixed networks of b,g, and n. i switched it to G only because that's all my old dgl 4300 had that crapped out on me.(i did not have these problems with the dgl 4300, but i figured that i should go ahead and upgrade considering the other person that lives with me is soon going to buy a wireless N adapter for their 360.) i can't understand what the problem is. i have tried to enable wish, and i get same results with that, on or off. i'm not a complete noob with routers or broadband in general, but i'm no pro either. as i said, i do have the option to go wired, and it works just fine while streaming, gaming etc, but the convience of wireless is great. i already have enough cables running all through the room/house...any help would be greatly appreciated

i should also mention that i get 100% signal on the ps3 that is only sitting about ten feet from the router. when downloading demos and such, it's super fast as if i was connected wired. playing online games is just fine too.

thanks in advance

IcyRhythms

• Level 1 Member
Re: DIR 655 Streaming Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 06:16:12 AM »

it seems like nobody cares to help on this issue. i thought that if i could get help anyhwere, it would be here. i suppose unless you start your thread with "help a girl out" you won't get a lot of help here. lol

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 08:15:24 AM »

Well you did post on Christmas, people are probably busy doing other things.  Have some patience I sure soemone will be along that has info on streaming.

jpm67

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 12:27:12 PM »

I stream movies to my PS3 wirelessly using the Netflix Streaming CD as well as using Playon. It works great. My guess is you've got a feature turned on that should be off.

In the past, I have disabled "Dynamic Fragmentation" to fix video streaming to my XBMC.

Try these settings. If it doesn't work, try a factory reset to defaults and try again:

Under Advanced --> QOS engine --> QOS engine setup
Uncheck "Dynamic Fragmentation"

Advanced --> Firewall Settings
Uncheck "Enable anti-spoof checking"

Under Advanced --> Advanced Wireless -->Advanced Wireless Settings:
Uncheck "Short GI"

Under Advanced --> Secure Spot
Uncheck "Enable Securespot services"

Under Setup --> Internet --> Manual Internet Connection Setup:
Uncheck "Enable Advanced DNS Service"

Under Setup --> Network Settings --> Router Settings:
Uncheck "Enable DNS Relay"

Under Setup --> Network Settings --> DHCP Server Settings:
Check "Always Broadcast"

Under Setup --> USB Settings:
Set "My USB type" to WCN Configuration

Under Setup --> Wireless Settings --> Manual Wireless Network Setup:
Set 802.11 Mode to Mixed n,g,b
Set "Transmission rate" to Best (automatic)
Set "channel width" to 20
Set "Visibility Status" to visible

Under Wireless Security Mode set:
Set Security mode WPA-Personal
Set WPA Mode to Auto WPA or WPA2
Cipher type AES

IcyRhythms

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 03:28:15 PM »

your setup caused me to have no internet connection of any kind. xbox 360, ps3, or the computer

jpm67

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 07:07:49 PM »

If you Uncheck "Enable DNS Relay" you have to reboot everything so they can get their correct DNS settings via DHCP.

IcyRhythms

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 03:17:27 PM »

i've tried and googled every possible solution to this issue. i can find nothing that will help. i appreciate those that have tried for me.:(

NCTony

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 07:53:05 AM »

Can you tell us what your network looks like? Where are you streaming the videos from? Any 2.4ghz devices in your place, cordless phones? Can you download netstumbler to a laptop to see what other wireless networks are around you?

IcyRhythms

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 04:30:02 PM »

Can you tell us what your network looks like? Where are you streaming the videos from? Any 2.4ghz devices in your place, cordless phones? Can you download netstumbler to a laptop to see what other wireless networks are around you?

there are two other wireless networks in my neighborhood. but each house is 75-100ft apart, why would this cause an issue if mine is the only one i'm selecting on the ps3. also, i do have a 2.4ghz phone very close to the router. i will try and disable that.

NCTony

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 07:49:53 PM »

Well both can cause issues, see the 655 is a 2.4ghz 802.11n/g/b access point. With 2.4ghz there are three channels that don't overlap (or interfere with each other) 1,6 and 11. So most 2.4ghz cordless phones can cause interference with your access point, also if those other wireless networks are using the same channel as you that can also cause issues. If you are using the default channel of 6 on your 655 I would change it to 11 or 1, the better way would be to download a tool like netstumbler to actually "see" the other wireless networks around you and choose the channel no one else is using. Or if all three are in use choose the one with the lowest signal strength according to the tool. Your other option if that doesn't help and you have to keep the cordless phone is to return or sell the 655 and get a router with a 5ghz radio, like the dlink dir-825