• March 28, 2024, 07:05:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Need to install the driver each time to access  (Read 4316 times)

Msaad

• Level 1 Member
Need to install the driver each time to access
« on: August 18, 2017, 12:39:15 PM »

Hello,
I have D-link ShareCenter 4 Bay, and my Windows10 doesn't read the network path of my D-link unless I reinstall the driver, instead, I get this message:
"Microsoft Windows Network: the network path not found. this connection has not been restored"

however, I always re-install/reconfigure my Share center driver in order to access the network after a reboot.
Anybody familiar with this problem and how to fix it permanently?

A note may help: For now I use my ShareCenter only to Host for more Hard Drives, I don't use it to raid.

I tried to look around for my problem but I didn't have results.
I appreciate sharing your thoughts,
Thanks in advance.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Need to install the driver each time to access
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 04:28:38 PM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your DNS? Look at the sticker behind or under the device.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DNSs web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

What Mfr and model is the main host router?
Are you accessing the DNS with the IP address of the DNS? It should be the only thing needed. No driver needed here...
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

Doctor Doom

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 11:00:55 AM »

If you are just using your sharecenter to access the volume you really don't need a driver. You should be able to simply map the network drive in Windows.

1. Open File Explorer and select This PC.
2. Click  the Map network drive button in the ribbon menu at the top, then select "Map network drive." (This is under the Computer tab, which should open automatically when you go to This PC, as above.)
3. Select the drive letter you want to use for the network folder, then hit Browse.
4. Navigate to the folder you want to map and hit OK after selecting it.
5. Confirm your selection and click Finish. You can choose to reconnect to the folder every time you sign in so it's always available to you and, if needed, use a different user account to connect to the folder.

When you're done, you should see the new drive letter under This PC and will be able to access its contents like you would any other folder. If you want to disconnect the network drive, right-click on it and select "Disconnect."

Msaad

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 02:26:40 PM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your DNS? Look at the sticker behind or under the device.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DNSs web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

What Mfr and model is the main host router?
Are you accessing the DNS with the IP address of the DNS? It should be the only thing needed. No driver needed here...

DNS Version:
Hi, Sorry for late reply,
DNS Version is DNS 340L
H/W Ver: A1 F/w Ver 1.01

Firmware version: I don't know which one I installed first, but later on I re-install it from the CD that was shipped with the box.

Msaad

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 06:06:23 PM »

If you are just using your sharecenter to access the volume you really don't need a driver. You should be able to simply map the network drive in Windows.

1. Open File Explorer and select This PC.
2. Click  the Map network drive button in the ribbon menu at the top, then select "Map network drive." (This is under the Computer tab, which should open automatically when you go to This PC, as above.)
3. Select the drive letter you want to use for the network folder, then hit Browse.
5. Confirm your selection and click Finish. You can choose to reconnect to the folder every time you sign in so it's always available to you and, if needed, use a different user account to connect to the folder.

When you're done, you should see the new drive letter under This PC and will be able to access its contents like you would any other folder. If you want to disconnect the network drive, right-click on it and select "Disconnect."

Thanks for your reply,
I already had a drive letter to my DNS, but it wasn't  accessible unless I restart my DNS power and re-install the driver everytime I reboot my PC, that was my problem.
I tried to follow your steps, but I accidentally removed the path, now I don't know how to access my DNS in my PC, but I can only browse it from my Internet browser.
any idea what's going on?

Msaad

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 06:23:55 PM »

When I click Browse, I cannot see the DNS folder eg. \\192.168.12.311 (I tried both LAN1 and LAN2), and when I type the address of my DNS, it's shows "Attempting to Connect to \\192.168.12.311" then it shows " Network error: Windows cannot access \\192.168.12.311, check the spelling of the name, otherwise, there might be a problem with your network. to try to identify and resolve network problems, click Diagnose"

Any help appreciated!
Thanks!

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 09:37:52 AM »

Can you MapNetworkDrive using \\192.168.12.311_volume1 ?
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.