• April 26, 2024, 12:31:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Macintosh unable to pick up Repeated Wireless Signal  (Read 3203 times)

natmalaysia

• Level 1 Member
Macintosh unable to pick up Repeated Wireless Signal
« on: February 17, 2010, 11:00:19 PM »

Hi all,

I'm a new poster around and I pretty much went through most of the threads but could not find any leads. So I'll try to clarify my issue here.

I have client who requires me to extend his wireless coverage in a SOHO environment. The details are as follows:

Wireless Router : Ryger
Terminals : Macintosh (3 of them) (Wireless AirPort / Ethernet)
Repeater :DWL-2100AP
Environment : 2-storey Bungalow.

Ground Floor:
1 Macintosh, 1 Repeater
//The main point of it all was to allow this Mac to access to the wireless router that is situated on the 1st floor. So i figured i would put the repeater on this floor to boost the signal.

1st floor:
2 Macintosh, 1 Wireless Router
//The wireless router is situated on the 1st floor with a Mac attached to it using standard Ethernet. Another Mac is situated in another room adjacent to it with no connectivity issues.

Action plan:
I set up the DWL-2100AP as a Universal Repeater to pick up signals from the Wireless Router to extend it onto the ground floor. I set the Transmit Power of the wireless router to 40% and the repeater is configured with a Turbo-G.

Issue:
The Macintosh on the Ground Floor takes a while to sync itself with the Repeater (around 5~10mins to be exact) and would later work fine. Another issue came along with it, whereby the Macintosh located on the 1st floor that was previously working fine is now unable to detect the wireless signal from the wireless router anymore. This could be due to the 40% transmit power.

Reason:
Okay, why did i drop the TP to 40% you would ask? Reason is because previously i had it at 100% and the Mac (using AirPort - their Wireless Utility) automatically detects the AP that has a stronger signal and switches to it. So, the Mac disconnects every now and then whenever it detects the Wireless Router to have a stronger signal and switches to it. Vice versa.

So in a nutshell, i would appreciate it if anyone can help me on these issues :
1) Slow Sync for the Mac on the Ground Floor.
2) Mac on the First Floor is unable to pick up wireless signal.

Thank you in advance.

natmalaysia

• Level 1 Member
Re: Macintosh unable to pick up Repeated Wireless Signal
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 06:52:51 PM »

Hi there, anyone can help me out on this matter?