• March 29, 2024, 03:28:13 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: I have a Dlink WBR 2310 and Disabled the DHCP  (Read 6977 times)

StonedRanger642

• Level 1 Member
I have a Dlink WBR 2310 and Disabled the DHCP
« on: January 25, 2010, 08:07:19 PM »

I changed my DHCP setting on my Dlink router to “disabled” recently. I was able to connect to the internet before through wireless and wire's. I must have upset something.. (Ive tried this with wire's & wireless) It's now telling me it's Limited or has no connectivity to my router .. I have no connection to the internet, I still have internet coming out of my modem .. When I connect to my Dlink router, I cannot reach my IP address to change my DHCP setting back so I can have Internet and make my Dlink useful not just a plastic brick!! Could I have lost my routers ip address!?! Last time I checked it was 192.168.0.1 but when I type it in nothing loads... please help, I'd love to have my internet back up and running for my roommate and I, I'm not a Complete NOOB my wire's are all plugged it.  I've read many forum and some reply's that sound similar.. but no solid advise I know my way around the computer quite well so any advise you could give me  I will try.. I just need that the extra push over the bump!  ???

Thanks, Matt

mcfmcf

• Level 1 Member
Re: I have a Dlink WBR 2310 and Disabled the DHCP
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 05:24:42 AM »

Try resetting the router to the default settings by holding down the reset button for 5 seconds... I think.  then you should be able to access everything again.

drscott

• Level 1 Member
Re: I have a Dlink WBR 2310 and Disabled the DHCP
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 07:28:38 PM »

I changed my DHCP setting on my Dlink router to “disabled” recently. I was able to connect to the internet before through wireless and wire's. I must have upset something.. (Ive tried this with wire's & wireless) It's now telling me it's Limited or has no connectivity to my router .. I have no connection to the internet, I still have internet coming out of my modem .. When I connect to my Dlink router, I cannot reach my IP address to change my DHCP setting back so I can have Internet and make my Dlink useful not just a plastic brick!! Could I have lost my routers ip address!?! Last time I checked it was 192.168.0.1 but when I type it in nothing loads... please help, I'd love to have my internet back up and running for my roommate and I, I'm not a Complete NOOB my wire's are all plugged it.  I've read many forum and some reply's that sound similar.. but no solid advise I know my way around the computer quite well so any advise you could give me  I will try.. I just need that the extra push over the bump!  ???

Thanks, Matt

Since you disabled the DHCP of your router, then the source of your IP address maybe comes from your modem not your router.

Are you using and modem/router besides the WBR2310?

If your using the modem/router then maybe the DHCP address comes from your modem not from the Dlink.

If not, then maybe there's a chance that the type IP comes from your ISP.

Have you tried checking the IP address of your computer when its connected directly to the modem? Check it then compare it when your connected to the router.

You have the option to reset your router to default settings and try to connect to the router again.

Thanks

DrScott