• April 24, 2024, 06:23:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Serious performance issue (SOLVED)  (Read 3096 times)

heisenb0rg

• Level 1 Member
Serious performance issue (SOLVED)
« on: July 06, 2010, 08:03:25 AM »

I have a 10Mbps ADSL2+ line.

When I connect my Linux box to the DSL modem directly I can get the expected speeds (10Mbps/512kbps).

When I let my DIR-600 make the DSL connection and my Linux box connected to the router using a wired connection (on wireless it's even worse) I get varying speeds between 0.5 and 4Mbps downstream, and 32kbps (yes, 32kbps) upstream.

The router is brand new, firmware upgraded to the latest version (2.03). My previous router was a WRT54G and never had this problem. Also, the line including the modem has been double checked by tech support, so it's now definitely the router...

Hints would be greatly appreciated.

+++ UPDATE +++
It was apparently a firmware issue. After giving it some thought I decided to replace the factory firmware with DD-WRT. And guess what. Speeds were immediately back to the expected values. No more performace problems. For those interested, I am using a DIR-600/B1 with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/23/10) std. It's beta at this time, but works flawlessly so far. I can only recommend it to all.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 01:18:27 PM by heisenb0rg »