• April 16, 2024, 06:25:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-8627LH - Various issues  (Read 3843 times)

NickT

• Level 1 Member
DCS-8627LH - Various issues
« on: November 29, 2020, 05:09:53 AM »

I don't see a thread for this camera yet so am writing here. I have a number of issues with this camera and/or the D-Link app. I've talked to the support team about these and they said that I should hang on for the upcoming firmware update but that has not appeared yet. So maybe I can get some answers here:-

1. Every few days I start getting a "no clip found" message when trying to view a recording that has gone to the internal SD-card. I try to look at clips on my browser and via the mydlink app and they both report the same. The only way I can clear this problem is by powering off the device and powering on again. That I can only do if I am at home!

2. Clips on the internal SD-card of the camera that I delete using mydlink app still appear undeleted when I use the web browser tool to look at my camera. If I delete a clip I want it deleted. WHat to do.

3. I can't get the camera to only detect people despite having set the sensitivity at different levels? What to do?

4. I can't permanently set the recording/viewing resolution to 1080. What to do?

5. It takes up to 5 minutes at times before I get a notification of a person detected by the camera. Could this be because the notification isn't sent until the recording is finished? To my mind it would be better to send the notification immediately even if the clip is still being recorded.

6. The siren does not sound like 100 db. Is there a way of increasing the volume?

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: DCS-8627LH - Various issues
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 07:05:27 PM »

I don't have the camera so really can't answer your questions.

But do you have it close enough?  I mean it's not mounted 16 ft high?

Link to the camera:  https://www.dlink.com/en/products/dcs-8627lh-mydlink-full-hd-outdoor-wi-fi-spotlight-camera

jfm2qUVA

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-8627LH - Various issues
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2020, 08:40:27 AM »

Hi Nick,

I have had the same camera for a month and it just began doing the (#1) "no clip found" thing. Have you found a solution (other than turning the camera off) in the meantime? I haven't found anything by Googling around. (I've also been wondering about #4 and #6 from your list).