• April 19, 2024, 06:34:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: disable DHCP  (Read 2231 times)

mhendrix

• Level 1 Member
disable DHCP
« on: October 18, 2019, 12:29:02 PM »

Hello all,

I won't get my Dir-882 in accespoint mode. when i do turn off the dhcp i wont getting an internet connection but can reach my d-link.
I have a modem from my internet provider that is in bridge mode so it aint has dhcp active. The internet modem is connected with a asus router RT-N66U wich has dhcp active. then i have an utp cable connected to an undemanded switch and from the switch to my d-link dir-882.
When i use  dhcp on the d-link as well on the asus i get an internet connection but when i turn the dhcp off i won't get it anymore.

does anyone knows why i can't get an internet connection when i use de d-link as acces point.

Greetings Marc

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: disable DHCP
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 12:31:31 PM »

Are you connected to the Internet port on the 882? If you are, don't. Connect the switch to a LAN port.

Check your clients if they are pulling IP address/DNS address from the Asus router.

mhendrix

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 12:54:37 PM »

Well i did not put the utp cable from the wan to lan. Now i did but i can't reach the d-link anymore.
But i have an internet connection and can reach the asus and the internet modem. But the connection is very unstable i am only getting 20mb/s while it is normaly around 500mb/s

i also have no dhcp rules on the asus

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 01:01:45 PM »

The asus should have DHCP enabled. Make sure you statically assign the dlink router an IP address (LAN IP) within the same network as your asus router. The Internet port on the dlink router should have nothing plugged into it. This should allow DHCP requests from the Asus router reach clients connected to the D-Link router.