• April 19, 2024, 01:25:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Future IPv6 support?  (Read 3474 times)

sans

• Level 1 Member
Future IPv6 support?
« on: February 06, 2010, 03:43:58 PM »

Hello,

I am currently using a dir-628 model router with the latest firmware version (1.22NA).  This has been one of the best home routers I have owned and I like many of the features the router offers, especially the dual-band radios and the ability to use 5GHz 802.11n wireless.

Being a network admin by profession, I am always looking down the road at new things coming up, so I have a question about IPv6.  My ISP (Comcast) is planning on doing mass IPv6 deployments over the next two years, and I am eager to begin running IPv6, both on the WAN side and within my LAN.  However, I notice that the dir-628 has no options to run IPv6.  Seeing as D-link already has some consumer routers that can run IPv6, are there plans of adding IPv6 support to devices that currently don't support it?  If so, will the dir-628 be one of those devices, or will I have to purchase another router in the near future?

Thank you,
Sans