• March 29, 2024, 03:19:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: WBR-1310 loses log in info every night  (Read 5183 times)

imaverbotin

• Level 1 Member
WBR-1310 loses log in info every night
« on: December 26, 2009, 10:47:52 AM »

Every time I try to log in to the router after a night has passed, the router will not accept my user name and/or password. Also will not accept default admin user name.
This has been going on for 1 year and every so often I try something else to solve the problem.
Here is some of the many steps I have tried.

Leave the user name as "admin" and no password.
All day long I can log into the router. The next day admin does not work. Can not log in.

Each change of the user name and password required a pin reset and re-input data.

Put in a new user name and complicated alpha lower/upper case and numerical password.
All day long the new log in works. Next day cant log in with new user name/password or admin, and have to reset router.

Used another pc on my network and input different new user name and password.
All day long the new different login works. Next day cant log in with new user name/password or admin, and have to reset router.

Used another pc on my network, unplugged the router from the dsl modem, input new user name and password.
All day long another new different login works. Next day cant log in and have to reset the router. dsl modem still not connected so nobody could key log me and get in to the router to change anything.

1 year ago I contacted dlink tech support, but gave up trying to get help because the tech could not understand what was happening to the router.

Other then losing the user name and password the router performs great and does not lose any of my user input information.

Soooo who has a a solution except to buy a new router??
 ???

bjrichus

• Level 3 Member
Re: WBR-1310 loses log in info every night
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 11:07:59 AM »

At a guess, I'd say that all these DLINK "G" series routers suffer from some kind of fault that once they get to a kind of limit or other, they reset themselves.

By the way, there is another long well known bug in several DLINK routers (I have seen this on several different models both G and the older B series devices - I've been around THAT long), where the log file routines don't wrap round properly and once they get to fill the amount of RAM allocated to them, they either do some kind of overflow or cause something else in the firmware to hang and the either the entire thing, or just the wireless stops dead and the box needs a power-cycle to start up again.

So you might want to turn off logging everything and see if that helps. It won't fix it, but it might help reduce the quantity of issues by increasing the time between hangs.

Also, I have had more luck using IE rather than Firefox or some other non-Microsoft browser to access DLINK hardware - there was a bug in some really old firmware versions that buttons didn't work with anything other than Internet Explorer - supposed to be long fixed now, but you never know!

Good luck.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 11:12:48 AM by bjrichus »

imaverbotin

• Level 1 Member
Re: WBR-1310 loses log in info every night
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 11:01:42 AM »

;D LOG IN PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED! 8)
Over a year ago when this problem first started the router firmware version was 2.00 and at that time there was no new firmware version.  Even if there was a newer version I probably would not have installed it because of all the firmware horror stories I read about.

Now with having made all of the tests I could think of in the last year I decided to check again for new firmware and install it. The worst case if the firmware failed to work was to replace the router with a trendnet router.

I installed Firmware versions 2.01 and 2.02  on this router. I have not had any problem logging in using "admin" and changing the user name and password since upgrading the firmware.  I have been able to log in for 3 days now.

My reason for changing from a dlink router to trendnet is I have worked with trendnet tech. support and they were great.  dink tech support told me that somebody was hacking into the router everynight and changing the password. thats why you see all of tests I made were based on securing the user name and password. I believe that was just to get me off the phone because the tech did not know how to fix the problem. All dlink had to say was that they did have a problem and were going to upgrade the firmware instead of my wasting my time looking for a problem that did not exist.