D-Link Wireless Routers for Home and Small Business > DIR-882

VPN - L2TP - Not working

(1/8) > >>

IMRJS:
Running 1.10
N/A

L2TP will not work... You cannot connect. I bought three of these routers and wont work on any of them. Tried with F/W Ver 1.00, 1.01, 1.10

Works fine on my DIR-890L, DIR-868L, and  DIR-880L. I have tried DNS Relay enabled and disabled no effect.

Help,

Ryan

GreenBay42:
In the router GUI, go to Features > Firewall. Click Advanced Settings and make sure PPTP and IPSec are enabled. Click Save.

IMRJS:
PPTP and IPSec are enabled still wont work   >:(. Wonder if I should return this router and go with a DSR-250n?

Thanks,
R

FurryNutz:
Any progress on this?

me_iauras:
I signed up to the forum to complain about the same issue .
It took a whole day to realize that the problems were caused by the SPI firewall ; @ first I thought that maybe my 2 mobile service providers were filtering the IPsec packages because if I were connected to the router's wifi network the VPN would work even though the target VPN server address I filled in was the dinamic hostname for the DynDNS service .
Following someone's suggestion I checked to see if the firewall was interffering with the connection ; even though it shouldn't happen that was the case . A soon as I disabled the SPI firewall the 2 Android phones (on 2 different mobile providers) were able to connect to the router (MS-CHAP v2 + RC4-128).
The PPTP/IPsec options in the Firewall's advanced tab have nothing to do with the embeded VPN server ; they only intruct the firewall to allow passthough of those specific packets when the user is trying to connect to a VPN server on the internet.

Once connected I must say that I'm not impressed by the speed atchieved.
The mobile 4G+ average about 50-60 mb/s down 25-30 mb/s up without the VPN ; with the VPN connected the speed dropped to about 10 mb/s down and 15 mb/s up (maybe it would be faster without MPPE encryption or with PAP/CHAP instead of MS-CHAP v2 but it's still disapointing ). there is inter VLAN routing between the router's LAN and the VPN  VLAN but not all protocols/services are functioning ( SMB shares work but UnPnP DLNA streaming doesn't)

Hope it gets fixed in the next firmware as disabling the firewall to be able to connect to the VPN kind of defeats the point of VPN for security's sake in the first place .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version