• April 16, 2024, 06:17:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-615 HW C1 - WPA Wireless is not reliable  (Read 2874 times)

Alek

• Level 1 Member
DIR-615 HW C1 - WPA Wireless is not reliable
« on: May 29, 2009, 01:34:05 PM »

I registered with this forum out of deep frustration. I always liked D-Link products and considered them superior to analog competitors. One of the clear advantages of DIR-615 is an awesome firewall with virtual servers that let me configure remote access to my site the way I want. But when it comes to wireless - I don't know how they get away with this. I configured my 615 to use WPA and it never works more then 1 day without a reboot. I change all possible setting on it, but it just no go. I upgraded to 3.10 with hope that it will resolve problems - no good. I replaced the unit with exactly the same one from TigerDirect - the same problem. I finally gave up on trying to use WPA on this device and configured it with WEP. It is working much better now ( it is actually faster as well). Did anybody managed to get it working in WPA?
Another problem (mostly cosmetic) are leases. The statistics for them indicate they expire in April 1927. I am not kidding. How does this device ever pass any QA? No clue.