• April 19, 2024, 08:13:45 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DCS-5222L Rev A - Firmware Version 1.12 - Comments & Observations  (Read 26153 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic

D-Link posted DCS-5222L Rev A firmware version1.12, which can be downloaded here: DCS-5222L Rev A  - Firmware v1.12 Download.

Please post your comments and observations as a reply to this thread.

:)  ;)  :)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-5222L Rev A - Firmware Version 1.12 - Comments & Observations
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 07:51:34 AM »

Release notes for this latest firmware version were not yet published by D-Link.

stattman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 06:45:11 AM »

I saw a pop up when logging into the mydlink site.
Upgraded dcs-5222l following instructions. Upgrade went fine.
No noticeable changes. So no idea what the update was about but assuming any fixes / enhancements are welcome.

Any release note welcome to.

Mark

Francewhoa

• Level 1 Member
  • Bio at http://ubertus.org/en/team/profile/francois
    • Ubertus.org, inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 11:28:25 AM »

JavaLawyer, thx for the new firmware v1.12 :)

We just tried it, it is titled "update_DCS-5211L_DCS-5222L_1.12_3404.bin" (05/12/14), confirming it does not fix the issue with FTP filesize, they are still always zero. Using same steps as first post at http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=56622.msg235615

Using:
* DCS-5222L
* Hardware revision, H/W Ver.: A3
* Firmware information:
** Firmware Version: 1.12
** Firmware Build Number: 3404
** Current MCU Firmware Version: 0x15
** Current Agent Version: 2.0.17-b42
* Wired with Cat6 cable

Settings:
* Video Clip: Checked
* Path: abc
* Trigger by: Motion
* Passive Mode: Unchecked

The new firmware v1.12 for product revision A is available at http://support.dlink.ca/ProductInfo.aspx?m=DCS-5222L under "Download" tab. For other countries search http://dlink.com
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 11:56:17 AM by Francewhoa »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 11:48:42 AM »

JavaLawyer, thx for the new firmware v1.2 :)

We just tried it, it is titled "update_DCS-5211L_DCS-5222L_1.12_3404.bin" (05/12/14), confirming it does not fix the issue with FTP filesize, they are still always zero. Using same steps as first post at http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=56622.msg235615

Hopefully we'll have a change log soon so we can identify what was addressed. . .  :-\  ???

Francewhoa

• Level 1 Member
  • Bio at http://ubertus.org/en/team/profile/francois
    • Ubertus.org, inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 11:54:23 AM »

JavaLawyer, +1 for a changelog :)

anothercalifornian

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 08:57:03 PM »

One of two RevA flashed. Second one seems to have failed and is dead now, pings but must have faulted. Another camera DOA. Gotta climb up to bring it back to earth and maybe reset it???

The other that did flash gets a Quicktime error "400: Bad Request" on Live Video after going to the page - on Chrome browser - but in Image Setup page the image IS there..

MyDlink will not pick it up, just sitting at connecting...  IE works!  But I am having so many JAVA and Flash errors in IE 11 lately I think I am going to croak soon. Flash, Java etc. is screwed up by MS in IE now. Adobe no help anymore.

On to my DCS-5222LB1 next for a new rev. and then my brand new (No PTZ) DCS-2330L which stumped Support as it has no ePTZ on any of the 3 interfaces, IE, Chrome nor MyDLink and is still the original firmware. doh!

Firmware fun!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 05:54:48 AM »

One of two RevA flashed. Second one seems to have failed and is dead now, pings but must have faulted. Another camera DOA. Gotta climb up to bring it back to earth and maybe reset it???

The other that did flash gets a Quicktime error "400: Bad Request" on Live Video after going to the page - on Chrome browser - but in Image Setup page the image IS there..

MyDlink will not pick it up, just sitting at connecting...  IE works!  But I am having so many JAVA and Flash errors in IE 11 lately I think I am going to croak soon. Flash, Java etc. is screwed up by MS in IE now. Adobe no help anymore.

On to my DCS-5222LB1 next for a new rev. and then my brand new (No PTZ) DCS-2330L which stumped Support as it has no ePTZ on any of the 3 interfaces, IE, Chrome nor MyDLink and is still the original firmware. doh!

Firmware fun!

Yes, Java has been playing havoc lately with several of my D-Link Cloud cameras. Hopefully the firmware and Java releases will reach common grounds and finally settle down.  :-\

sfarinel

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 08:18:47 AM »

After upgranding the firmware from 1.01 to 1.12 connection to my nas (snology - Survaillance station) always drop and than resume.
Before upgrading the firmware the connection with the nas was perfect and never drop.

I have upgraded the firmware hoping the image quality increase, but the quality is the same (poor) and now the connection with the nas is keeping dropping and resuming almost every minutes.

I have to disable notifications form my survaillance station (and that is really bad)

I havent moved the camera. The camera is connected via wifi as before.

How can check and fix the problem??

takhau

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 09:39:58 PM »

Just found a bug, and for you information.

When the "Schedule Device Reboot" function enabled, the "SD Recording" can not work properly.  After I disabled the "Schedule Device Reboot", I can record as normal.

Robbiedoes

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2014, 02:51:49 AM »

In this 1.12 firmware, finally the NTP timesync problem seems to be fixed.  :D

Steve111

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2014, 07:29:51 AM »

I have noticed the following problems with this 1.12 version of firmware. Please consider resolving these in a new release.
Background: I am not using the mydlink service and connect via HTTPS using the free dlinkddns hostname service.

1. After experiencing situations where DDNS updates failed which occur on occasion (causing hostname service to get out of synch with camera's current IP address causing me to call my ISP to get the latest IP to resynch manually in my dlinkddns account) I configured my DCS-5222L-A to reboot every day at 3am in hopes this would resynchronize the camera automatically. Now I find that the reboot occurred the first 2 days (Friday & Saturday) but failed to do so on the 3rd day (no trace evidence of a reboot in the camera's log).

2. SD recording stops working after some time (I have not been able to determine why). After reformatting the SD card while installed in the camera the problem was not resolved. Then after reprogramming the firmware the problem was also not resolved. I then removed the 32GB SD card and formatted it (FULL not QUICK format) on my PC for FAT32 with 64k allocation unit and reinserted into the camera. The camera indicated the SD card required reformatting (not recognizing the card as already formatted) so I again reformatted it with the camera's firmware and SD recording was restored. I concluded that I must have selected the wrong formatting options on the PC but believed that using the FULL format (instead of QUICK) was likely a key factor that allowed the camera to successfully reformat it to what the camera required.

3. Long delays at times when commanding the camera to move during a remote (Internet not Intranet) HTTPS connection.

4. Loss of connectivity via HTTPS at times while still able to connect with mobile app JUST CONNECT+ on iPhone (i.e. this confirms it was not a DDNS problem). During these times the camera cannot be commanded to go to the home position with the mobile app but seems to be able to be commanded to other preset positions. Also during this situation, mobile app is unable to command the camera to move incrementally with the "thumb pad arrow keys" only some preset positions.

Have these issues been reported before? If so, are solutions being developed?

Thank you

Steve111

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2014, 08:21:19 AM »

Update - I have left SD recording turned off for a couple of weeks now and have noticed no issues in regard to items 1, 3 & 4 of my previous post.

This implies that "Maybe you need a more powerful microcontroller in this camera?" I suspect the SD recording function is very demanding on the available computing resources and likely causes "program flow" and possibly even "data flow" anomalies

FYI...

Please consider upgrading this product to a more powerful computing platform n the future because, aside from these issues, it is a great product!  :-)

Steve111

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 06:18:30 AM »

Inability to record to SD card problem has returned. Inability to connect via https problem has also returned even though the camera is set to reboot every day at 3am. The good news is, although SD recording has never been restored now, I can usually reestablish an https connection by waiting for the next automatic reboot cycle (what I call the "Mad Dog Timer" function as opposed to a Watchdog Timer function conventionally used in embedded systems as an automatic recovery tactic to monitor and respond with a CPU reset when software task schedules do not execute as designed).

I have come to the conclusion that DLINK network cameras should be classified as nothing more than "TOYS" and by no means should they ever be considered as a "Reliable Security Device" because, were I to rely on this piece of crap to protect my property, I would be sorely disappointed with this P.O.S.

Given there has been no activity whatsoever in this forum for about 2 months (more if you don't count my posts) I doubt DLINK even cares about customer satisfaction in the least. Therefore, it is highly probable I will never buy another DLINK product again (using this camera as a clear indication of their lack of commitment to quality and reliability and it's "over advertised" capabilities). I find it hard to believe that DLINK even possesses the technical expertise to produce the ACTUAL products that they advertise.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2015, 08:15:08 AM »

I have noticed the following problems with this 1.12 version of firmware. Please consider resolving these in a new release.

. . . . Have these issues been reported before? If so, are solutions being developed?

Thank you

While posting issues in this forum is a great means of sharing information with other members and notifying D-Link of issues, D-Link escalates issues for resolution based on the volume of calls received through the official D-Link support desk. If D-Link receives a large number of calls pertaining to the same issue, that issue is more likely to be escalated as a problem for investigation and resolution. As such, in addition to posting issues in this forum, forum members are encouraged to call the toll free D-Link support desk to report their issue: 1-888-851-6464.
Pages: [1] 2