• March 28, 2024, 05:08:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Firewall - Passthru settings for myDLink and DCS-930L cameras?  (Read 22362 times)

Spiderbird

• Level 1 Member

Hi all,

I'm got a peculiar problem that I'm hoping to get some help with.

I currently have two DCS-930L cameras in an apartment, being used to monitor a small child during the work day.  Usually I go through myDLink.com to view everything after logging in.  I'm forced to to this because my router doesn't support pass-thru services to tap directly into the cameras themselves.

Problem:
I can't seem to get either the Java or ActiveX views of the camera to work on MyDLink through my corporate firewall at work.  I can see them just fine outside of establishing a VPN tunnel or being at work.  But once I'm behind the corporate firewall, I can access the website, but not the camera views via Java/ActiveX.

I've been working with the IT Department to try and open up different ports.  At first, we opened up Port 80, but no dice.  Still no video feed.  Next, we tried ports 10590 and 10778 for the Java Feed.  Using PeerGuardian on a Mac, I was able to discover those two ports were asking for access.  IT opened up those two ports, but both failed as well.

Does anyone in this Forum or at DLink have documentation on the proper firewall port passthrough settings that I can give our folks in Corporate IT, so I can view those devices through http://www.mydlink.com/device?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Spiderbird

smarisetty

• Level 1 Member
Re: Firewall - Passthru settings for myDLink and DCS-930L cameras?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 11:39:19 AM »

Hi,

Did you get the issue resolved.  I have the same problem and never got resolved even after a month.  Going back and forth with DLINK support with replacement devices.

The support is taking the easy way out, when they cannot resolve the issue or know what it is, they simply ask you to replace the device.

regards
SM

AloiiolA

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 10:07:09 AM »

Hey Guys,

Same problem here. Can't see video remotely or away from home. I can see video in my dlink account but when i click on Advance Setting to change configuration remotely such as motion detection, the video dont show up. I can configure other settings remotely, like email, maintenance, etc. except motion detection.

When i click on motione detedtion to change setting, the usual java logo shows up but hangs up. no video.

Spiderbird

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 10:27:53 AM »

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the late reply.  It's been a while since this was solved.
I has a cross-post over at DSLReports.com.  You can find the solution and the way I went about it here:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r26306363-2Wire-2701HG-B-Port-Forwarding-and-DLink-Cameras

It involved opening both TCP and UDP ports, AND testing from a smart phone rather than my own internal network.

Good luck for anyone struggling with this!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 05:18:45 AM »

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the late reply.  It's been a while since this was solved.
I has a cross-post over at DSLReports.com.  You can find the solution and the way I went about it here:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r26306363-2Wire-2701HG-B-Port-Forwarding-and-DLink-Cameras

It involved opening both TCP and UDP ports, AND testing from a smart phone rather than my own internal network.

Good luck for anyone struggling with this!

Thank you for posting your solution. We're in the process of planning an DCS related FAQ board and I'll definitely include this solution once the new board is up and running.  ;)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Spiderbird

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 09:51:28 AM »

Hi JavaLawyer,

Sounds great!  Glad I could help contribute in a meaningful way.  Let me know if you have any follow-up questions I could answer about my experience.

- Spider

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 10:16:19 AM »

Hi JavaLawyer,

Sounds great!  Glad I could help contribute in a meaningful way.  Let me know if you have any follow-up questions I could answer about my experience.

- Spider

Thank you for the generous offer. We have a pilot FAQ board setup in the ShareCenter (i.e. DNS) boards in this forum. Once we standardize that board and get the kinks out, we'll be replicating the same directory structure to all of the product lines (including DCS). The lack of documentation on DCS leaves room for lots and lots of FAQs.  ;)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC