• March 29, 2024, 01:08:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Wrong Link Speeds  (Read 19620 times)

qr25de

• Level 1 Member
Wrong Link Speeds
« on: May 25, 2012, 12:12:01 AM »

Hello,

I purchased the AV-501 Dlink starter kit. The local power line unit always shows a link speed of 14mbps. The remote one shows 300+. I have transferred an 11GB file across the network (From Boxee Box to PC) and it transfers at over 9MB/Sec so I know the link speed is BS. It just shows wrong.

I have formatted and reinstalled windows and the dlink utility, same issue, shows 14MBPS. (Had to reinstall anyways).

I have swapped the local unit to another outer, same issue.

Re-paired them, same issue.

Factory reset them, then re-paired, same issue.

Is this just a bug in the Dlink Powerline utility? I'm not too concerned as it doesn't seem to affect anything but just display the speed incorrectly.

I am going to swap the units for each other in the morning to see if the issue follows one of the units. Anyone else run into this?

dvdeo

• Level 1 Member
Re: Wrong Link Speeds
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 09:48:14 AM »

Upgrade firmware and install newer version of utility. Was same for me. Now it shows 500Mbps.

qr25de

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 03:52:52 PM »

Don't see any newer firmware on the Dlink FTP or on the Dlink Website for these adaptors.

Installed the utility on 2 different PCs, same issue. Again, not a big deal, speeds are over 11MB/sec and it works totally fine. Even installed a new version of WinPCAP 4.1.2, same issue.

Local reports 14.00MBPS
Remote reports 492.00MBPS.

lol...

dvdeo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 11:18:37 AM »

check http://tsd.dlink.com.tw against your model. Was 14 Mbps local and 200 Mbps remote for me.