• April 19, 2024, 08:07:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DAP-1555 Keeps Resetting Itself  (Read 21588 times)

geogecko

• Level 1 Member
DAP-1555 Keeps Resetting Itself
« on: September 12, 2009, 09:53:31 PM »

Okay, I've had this DAP-1555 for a little less than a year now, and all of a sudden, the thing has reset itself to factory settings 3 times now in less than a month.  I am not pushing the reset button on the unit, it just does it randomly.

I was in the living room tonight where it is located, and look up, and the LEDs are all blinking on and off.  It was working fine just the day before, and noticed I did not have a connection with the connected devices to my DIR-655.

This is very frustrating, because with the DAP-1555 being in my entertainment center, I have to fish out the AC adapter to remove it, and bring it into my study where the DIR-655 is located, so I can hard connect it to my computer to restore the configuration file.

Any reason I would be seeing this all of a sudden?

geogecko

• Level 1 Member
Re: DAP-1555 Keeps Resetting Itself
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 10:13:28 PM »

>:(  Okay, it is not actually resetting itself.  If I unplug it, and let it sit for several minutes, plug it back in, it works fine for a several minutes, but then starts the same thing over.  All LEDs will go off, then all the blue LEDs will flash several times, stop, then flash again, and it keeps doing this, all without providing a connection to the devices that are connected.

Is this a defective unit?

geogecko

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 01:54:40 PM »

Called tech support, and unit was diagnosed at defective...

Hope the new one doesn't end up doing this.

geogecko

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 03:23:44 PM »

>:( >:(

Replacement unit behaves the same way.  Not going to pay for shipping this time, D-Link.