• March 29, 2024, 04:04:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Can not transfer files to DNS 343  (Read 7234 times)

gkarou

Can not transfer files to DNS 343
« on: November 25, 2008, 10:53:01 AM »

Hello,

I have had my dns 343 for a month i have 4 1G drives in it with a raid 5 setup as well the latest firmware. 

Everything is working great until this morning when i go transfer a file about 8GB and it continues to stop and saying to try and reconnect to network, this only happens with i transfer a file onto the DNS 343.  i can access, move my files on the NAS but can not write to it without it stopping.  the other features all work fine.

I tried to use the ftp to transfer the file and it restarts the transfer after couple of minutes into to it.  the error message in the log is "econnreset"

any help will be appreciate

thanks
gkarou

Dufus

Re: Can not transfer files to DNS 343
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 05:29:33 PM »

I am having this problem as well. I bought the 343 a few weeks ago and I put 160gb drives in it at work and messed around with it*. It seemed stable and I took it home this week to plug my 4x1TB drives in and after creating the raid, any sustained copy to this unit bakes out with the windows error..

Cannot copy <file>: The specified network name is no longer available.

I have changed ports, switches, patch leads etc to no avail. I have tried this in RAID 5 and RAID 1 and same result. ext2/3 same result. If anyone else has had this issue I would love to hear about it, because its sounding like a faulty unit at this stage.

Running firmware 1.02

-Dan

*Note I didnt try copying more than ~1gb to it at the time.

Dufus

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 09:30:25 PM »

Looks like it was my network card or some other device, works copying via wireless *shrug*

as you were..

koushi

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 08:03:25 PM »

I had this problem too, then i realised that i had manually set my nas to the same ip as my switch... after changing my nas to another ip, it was all good :D

So check the ip of your other connected devices and see if they conflict

hilaireg

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 12:02:43 PM »

If possible, reserve and IP address for your DNS in DHCP - most routers support this nowadays.  Saves a lot of troubleshooting time ;-)

Isolating a hardware problem can be as simple as swapping out the switch, cables and/or disconnecting all but the DNS & the problematic system.  For example, a simple cost-effective way of isolating the problem can be:

1) Disconnect all but the DNS & one PC; goto 2 if still a problem
2) Change cable from switch to DNS; goto 3 if still a problem
3) Change cable from switch to PC; goto 4 if still a problem
4) Swap out switch

HTH,

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 02:36:45 PM »

If that doesn't resolve your issues try updating you NIC drivers. Also try testing from another PC on the network.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

Freway01

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 08:39:52 AM »

I recently started getting the famous error 'The specified network name is no longer available' message on my DNS-323. I'm running Vista on all of the PC's on the network and have assigned a static IP to the 323.

This getting to be a pain in the but. I'm running the latest firmware on the 323 and have two (2) 750GB hard drives installed in it (not doing raid). I sometimes get the a message saying the network connection was lost when I try to access the 323.

Any suggestions?

fordem

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 11:31:10 AM »

I recently started getting the famous error 'The specified network name is no longer available' message on my DNS-323. I'm running Vista on all of the PC's on the network and have assigned a static IP to the 323.

This getting to be a pain in the but. I'm running the latest firmware on the 323 and have two (2) 750GB hard drives installed in it (not doing raid). I sometimes get the a message saying the network connection was lost when I try to access the 323.

Any suggestions?

Yes - two, as a matter of fact.

1 - Ask DNS-323 questions in the DNS-323 forum
2 - Read my reply to your question in the DNS-323 forum
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.

wsalivar

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 11:56:38 PM »

I was having the same problem and tried several of the suggestions on this board, none which seemed to resolve the problem.  Finally I turned off Oplocks and Map archive settings for my Network Access List share and the problem went away.