• March 29, 2024, 04:38:56 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: DNS-320 Rev A - Firmware v2.03 Comments & Observations (Official Release)  (Read 128822 times)

librainian

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS-320 Rev A - Firmware v2.03 Comments & Observations (Official Release)
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2014, 02:29:15 PM »

I've bumped into a data corruption issue with the 320 on large files. I believe this has been mentioned before and I was wondering if this firmware update addressed this? I saw some mention about 0 byte files on Drag/Drop and SMB copying but not updating of metadata on large files. This is my issue. I was experimenting with adding 700mb and up video files to iTunes and when it updates any metadata, even the year, the file immediately goes to 0 bytes on the NAS and cannot be recovered. I'm currently on 2.02. Does 2.03 address this specific problem? If not I will report it on the wish list.

adamziek

• Level 1 Member

Anyone else having problems with Dynamic DNS? Since upgrading to 2.03 firmware, I now have the problem that my DDNS host is often update with the LOCAL IP (192.168.0.32) rather than the WAN IP. I have not yet established a pattern to this behaviour but it seems that it can change from one hour to the next with each update from the DNS-320 to the DDNS server.

TheloniousFonk

• Level 1 Member

Hi all,

I'm trying to upgrade the firmware on my DNS-320 and I keep getting the same error message just a few seconds after clicking on Apply : "Upload firmware fail. Please retry again"
The firmware file I select is DNS-320_fw_2.03b03(2.13.0618.2012) with no extension. I also tried selecting the zip file with no success.
H/W version is A2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic

Hi all,

I'm trying to upgrade the firmware on my DNS-320 and I keep getting the same error message just a few seconds after clicking on Apply : "Upload firmware fail. Please retry again"
The firmware file I select is DNS-320_fw_2.03b03(2.13.0618.2012) with no extension. I also tried selecting the zip file with no success.
H/W version is A2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

What site did you download the firmware from and what browser did you use? I found that downloading zip files using Firefox from specific D-Link site's strip the zip extension, and I have to manually add the extension after downloading to extract the file.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

TheloniousFonk

• Level 1 Member

What site did you download the firmware from and what browser did you use? I found that downloading zip files using Firefox from specific D-Link site's strip the zip extension, and I have to manually add the extension after downloading to extract the file.

Thanks for replying.

I got the link from ftp://ftp.dlink.eu/Products/dns/dns-320/driver_software/DNS-320_fw_revA1A2_2-03b03_all_en_20121005.zip

and the zip contains 3 files: one with no extension, the release note in doc format and a changes.txt file.
I do use firefox but I don't think the zip file is corrupted since I can see the files inside.
I extract all files to a folder on my local box and then select the file with no extension in the firmware upgrade web ui. After clicking "Apply" I get the message mentioned above. I also tried selecting the zip file in the web ui but got the same result.

Thanks

sm6xvz

• Level 1 Member

I have also problems to upload the firmware.
I tested different computers, webbrowsers unpacked the zip with different programs.
tested LAN and WLAN metodes but i just get Upload firmware fail. Please retry again

is there some hints to give me about this

HW is A3
Current NAS Firmware Version    
Firmware Date    
09/14/2012

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

Thanks for replying.

I got the link from ftp://ftp.dlink.eu/Products/dns/dns-320/driver_software/DNS-320_fw_revA1A2_2-03b03_all_en_20121005.zip

and the zip contains 3 files: one with no extension, the release note in doc format and a changes.txt file.
I do use firefox but I don't think the zip file is corrupted since I can see the files inside.
I extract all files to a folder on my local box and then select the file with no extension in the firmware upgrade web ui. After clicking "Apply" I get the message mentioned above. I also tried selecting the zip file in the web ui but got the same result.

Thanks

Here's an alternative link to the world wide (ww) distribution: http://pmdap.dlink.com.tw/PMD/GetAgileFile?itemNumber=FIR1200479&fileName=DLINK_DNS320.2.03b03(2.13.0618.2012)(BETA).zip&fileSize=3.1943992E7;71168.0;

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

Here's an alternative link to the world wide (ww) distribution: http://pmdap.dlink.com.tw/PMD/GetAgileFile?itemNumber=FIR1200479&fileName=DLINK_DNS320.2.03b03(2.13.0618.2012)(BETA).zip&fileSize=3.1943992E7;71168.0;

FYI, this is a zip file, so if there is no ".zip" extension, you'll need to add one.

sm6xvz

• Level 1 Member

oki I try that one itīs not a fast connection soo it will take a while to verfy if that one works for me..

/Jimmy

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

oki I try that one itīs not a fast connection soo it will take a while to verfy if that one works for me..

/Jimmy

If you're in the U.S., the FW is also available for download on the D-Link USA FTP site:
D-Link USA FTP Site - DNS-320 (very fast download)

sm6xvz

• Level 1 Member

If you're in the U.S., the FW is also available for download on the D-Link USA FTP site:
D-Link USA FTP Site - DNS-320 (very fast download)

That site works much faster here in sweden.. But none of the firmwares will uploads to my NAS
I got upload firmware fail...
Is it some special setings to do in the NAS before? I login as admin.
The NAS is brand new bought it for 2 weeks ago.
If I cant get it to work I had to send it to D-Link :(

/Jimmy

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

That site works much faster here in sweden.. But none of the firmwares will uploads to my NAS
I got upload firmware fail...
Is it some special setings to do in the NAS before? I login as admin.
The NAS is brand new bought it for 2 weeks ago.
If I cant get it to work I had to send it to D-Link :(

/Jimmy

Are you 100% sure your DNS-320 is a Rev "A" and not a Rev "B"?

sm6xvz

• Level 1 Member

Are you 100% sure your DNS-320 is a Rev "A" and not a Rev "B"?
On the sticker under the nas it's printed A3

sm6xvz

• Level 1 Member

On the sticker under the nas it's printed A3
I have solved the problem...
It was a 320L I have... So stupid I am....
Sorry to take aa your time here

/Jimmy

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

I have solved the problem...
It was a 320L I have... So stupid I am....
Sorry to take aa your time here

/Jimmy

I was about to say that the DNS-320 only has an A1 and A2!
Well, looks like the mystery is solved!  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7